HOF WR Cris Carter Convinced Tua Is Miami's Long-Sought Replacement of Dan Marino | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HOF WR Cris Carter Convinced Tua Is Miami's Long-Sought Replacement of Dan Marino

I remember missing that week 17 game. I was so pissed after that damn drop though because Carter was telling everybody "All I do is catch touchdowns" then he goes out and blows it.

It was pretty similar to that game in the snow against Buffalo where Ricky Williams had like 200 yards and we still lost the damn game. It was always something with that team.

I swear I read somewhere that Carter said he dropped it on purpose as he wasn't going to be the one to beat his old Vikings team in Minn.....if that makes any sense.

Jerry Rice had some of the fastest football speed of any player. His strides were crazy. I forget what it was, but San Francisco noticed that while Rice didn't have a great 40 time, he had other measurables that showed explosiveness (not that they didn't still want to draft Eddie Brown).

Rice wasn't just a product of well thrown passes.
For sure.

I was indicating that players you may not think have big play capability based on their 40 time, may surprise you when they are regularly hit in full stride.

Rice was a beast.

Yup we smoked the raiders the week before. They only went to the SB. That 02 team was legit, best of the Fiedler/ Wanny era. Lost to Culpepper in week 16, CC drop, and Brady in week 17, literally outclassed the Patriots for 56 minutes than fell apart and blew an 11 point lead, and missed the playoffs. Ray Lucas didn’t help.
There was a terrible PI call on fletcher on 4th down too. Game was pretty much stolen from us with that call. Even pats fans knew it was a BS call

And I don't think Lucas played vs New England in 2002. That was Fiedler.
Blame Lucas for whatever- he had nothing to do with the two losses that cost us at the end.
Those two games were two of the sickest losses I've ever seen. Just sickening.

And I don't think Lucas played vs New England in 2002. That was Fiedler.
Blame Lucas for whatever- he had nothing to do with the two losses that cost us at the end.
Those two games were two of the sickest losses I've ever seen. Just sickening.
Team was 5-1 and a borderline dominant team. He proceeded to go 2-4 as a starter with some of the worst QB'd games we've ever seen...and as a Dolphin that's saying a lot.

Yeah, he wasn't responsible for a 7-5 team going 2-2 in its last 4 games and failing to make the playoffs. But at the time he came into the starting role on that team even mediocre QB play could have won against our opponents and he couldn't provide that. The mojo we had going in the early season was ruined and we never got it back.

When it comes down to it we all know that Wannstadt just headed some mentally fragile teams. We didn't have a signature QB and OL was often a weakness as well, but man we were loaded with elite talent and he got the worst from players at the most important times.

Back
Top Bottom