Hole too deep? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hole too deep?

So last year's head coach was responsible for last year's oline and this year's head coach is responsible for this year's oline? Is that how it works in Phoenix?
Yep...

Different schemes/playcalls can help the oline....

Just curious- we're starting to see terms like 'turnaround.' What's the definition? To me, a 'tur around - getting to 8-8 with confidence in 10-6 the following year is evi

Because the QB can carry his team. You know, Miami would be undefeated if Brady were QB
Because a bad OL is an excuse
Because the supporting doesn't matter. That's why Bridgewater has been a top QB everywhere he went.

But enough of that. I grow weary of those who overemphasize the QB. I AM in favor of getting a top QB. Hope Miami finds one. The flip side is those ALWAYS thinking Miami is just 1-2 pieces away

I would define "turnaround" as the team becoming competitive enough to end with a winning record or at least be playing meaningful games during the last third of the season.

I would define "turnaround" as the team becoming competitive enough to end with a winning record or at least be playing meaningful games during the last third of the season.

I'll go with that. Realistic

I don't think it will be much of a challenge to get back to our usual 8-8 record within 2 years. The big question is can we surpass that.

I don't think it will be much of a challenge to get back to our usual 8-8 record within 2 years. The big question is can we surpass that.
Exactly. Getting back to a team whose ceiling is 9/10 wins and an early playoff exit won’t be hard. It would be even easier to get back to a team that’s “competitive.”

How about a team that can win more than 11 games in a season (hasn’t happened in almost 30 years)? Or a team that can win a divisional playoff game (hasn’t happened since 1992)?

I am not convinved Flores and Grier deserve to head this rebuild. I would be happy if they blew it up and handed the keys to people with a proven track record of actual success.

But, you should edit your post. It's going to offend, whether you intended it or not. I'm not quoting it in its entirety in case you choose to edit it.
You.have right to question Grier and flores. They haven't done anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom