Hole too deep? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hole too deep?

Yes soon after he get tired of Grier and flores. Harbaugh's ain't winning no championship in college football..his time about run out in Michigan. I will give him 2yr.
Please no.

Just say no to Craptain Crumback.

It's a two year rebuild.

Patience required.
Do you trust these coaches? Calling that "all out blitz" on 3rd and 20 and I don't know if they understand the definition of "Halftime Adjustments" or they just game plan for 2 quarters!!!

Do you trust these coaches? Calling that "all out blitz" on 3rd and 20 and I don't know if they understand the definition of "Halftime Adjustments" or they just game plan for 2 quarters!!!

We just seen the ARZ Cardinals on Thursday night make a similar decision.

We seen the Patriots do it for multiple drives against the Yets.

You win some and lose some. It isnt something unprecedented.

One or two bad calls does not define a coaches career and as I mentioned before there has been a big improvement since game one. We don't have the depth or personel to make half time adjustments.

The players are playing hard so with some real talent on the team yes I trust these coaches.......with maybe the exception of the DC.

We have gone out on a limb and signed a coach with the idea of bringing in many of the Pats ideas to emulate and hopefully over ride them. Many players have left perhaps because the coaching staff feels they don't fit into the schemes and plans to be adopted.
So the question I ask is how many of the players that have left would be starting for the Pats now?
If the answer is only a couple then no the hole isn't too deep as we need to find a truck load more talent, which means a fair turnover in finding them.

I don't care about any of it, Miami is my team whatever happens, happens. if we only win 1 game this yr im fine with that. but if we only win one game next yr there's a problem and Ross will deal with that. I don't care you has left and is doing well or the past it's all about next yr. if we fail we fail and they will be gone. get with the program or find another team to be a fan of.

As the Cardinals have shown, hitting on the QB is a huge step in the right direction and will speed up the rebuild greatly.
I think the coach has as much to do with that as the QB. If Murray played behind last year's line, I can't see them having the "success" they are having this year.

First we “couldn’t believe” Tunsil fell to us. Then we “couldn’t believe” a Minkah fell to us. In between we took this Harris bum. The guys who Grier “couldn’t believe” fell to us are gone. The bum is still here. I get why people have no faith in Grier. The new FO guys need to help him. And what about our scouts? Do we employ the same people forever or do we try to get better there too? Finally, instead of this “can’t believe he fell to us”, perhaps stick to your draft plan cause the other way isn’t working out.

Tunsil was a good pick. Fitzpatrick is still up for debate but from the Phin's perspective they received a decent return in investment. I'm confident both were taken because they were deemed to be the best players available. If that's not following your draft plan then I don't know what is.

That being said I do think the philosophy will shift with the new staff. If you do not plan on paying top dollar to retain an offensive lineman then there will be some hesitance in drafting one as high as the Tunsil selection. Why pursue elite talent at a position if you view the market value of the position to be skewed unless the strategy is to use them for a few years on a rookie contract then dump them?

Its really difficult to judge the performance of any GM or scout without at least some stability in the coaching staff or the basic tenets they follow. Flores is coaching a roster built for Gase.

I dont see no rb on this roster that can help young qb grow
This is the Patriots model. We have to get our "Tom Brady" first, to cure our ills.

What about the HOF HC...where are we going to get him from?

This will be totally dependent on how well Grier drafts. If they screw it up bad enough, it could be a decade of mediocrity or worse. If they do it right, I suspect a 3 year turnaround is likely. Most rookies struggle their first year, and the ones who are successful their first year often experience a sophomore slump. This leaves year 3 being the turnaround point, but it is not ridiculous to think that it takes three drafts to actually produce enough talent to make a full team impact, which would in fact likely make year 5 the year for playoff contention.

If they hit on QB and successfully fix the defensive and offensive lines in this draft, next year I would add LB and skill positions. I think this would create the quickest chance for turnaround.

Just curious- we're starting to see terms like 'turnaround.' What's the definition? To me, a 'tur around - getting to 8-8 with confidence in 10-6 the following year is evi
Without reading all 82 posts, here's something to think about...

Your team did a great job of gutting the team. Here's the thing though... You had some very good players to replace. With those picks you have stockpiled, you need to replace the players you traded just to break even! Think about the LT, WR, and CB you traded.

You just traded a 2nd for Rosen, but just like in AZ, he has no O-line, no WRs, and no RB. Tua won't help you if those positions aren't addressed. Seems like a lot of work and trouble when all you were only a draft or 2 away from respectability.

Many of you guys realized this, so why don't your "experts" see it?

Because the QB can carry his team. You know, Miami would be undefeated if Brady were QB
Because a bad OL is an excuse
Because the supporting doesn't matter. That's why Bridgewater has been a top QB everywhere he went.

But enough of that. I grow weary of those who overemphasize the QB. I AM in favor of getting a top QB. Hope Miami finds one. The flip side is those ALWAYS thinking Miami is just 1-2 pieces away

Tunsel trade creates a hole which will need to immediate be filled. The Fitzpatrick trade *at best* will be breakeven and unlikely that clueless Grier will draft a player with that much talent. All the 5th round and later picks that Grier got won’t result in anything more than possible special teamers. The cap space isn’t anything useful as a majority of teams have a ton of cap space and they will need to overpay mediocre free agents to come here.

Flores also has shown he really had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots defense as they are a lot better now that he’s gone.
That Pats have beaten 1 winning team the other 6 have a combined record of 7 - 31, Jets, Phins, Skins, Steelers, Giants. Hardley offensive juggernauts, let's wait to proclaim the defense is better than last year. They've played the hapless Jets twice, those guys couldn't compete against a high school team. They're in worse shape than the Phins, at least it's known we are playing with scrubs and rebuilding, that organization is clueless, what an embarrassment...

We should at the very least be competing for a playoff spot next season. In reality Ross and some people still think it takes 3-5 years to build a team like it's 1976.

Since the Free Agency period began in the early 90s every super bowl champion but one won a playoff game with the first three seasons of the regime. The only one that didnt was coughlin's giants and they made the playoffs twice in those 3 years. If you have a front office and coaching staff that can get it done you know pretty quick in the free agency era.

Meanwhile Chris Grier has pulled the heist of the century collecting 7 figure paychecks after 20 years of a nothing burger and now getting the boss on board with another 4-5 years of grilling and chilling.

Back
Top Bottom