Hole too deep? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hole too deep?

Because the QB can carry his team. You know, Miami would be undefeated if Brady were QB
Because a bad OL is an excuse
Because the supporting doesn't matter. That's why Bridgewater has been a top QB everywhere he went.

But enough of that. I grow weary of those who overemphasize the QB. I AM in favor of getting a top QB. Hope Miami finds one. The flip side is those ALWAYS thinking Miami is just 1-2 pieces away

Not sure how you can overemphasize the value of a franchise quarterback. Its the starting point of everything. Every Dolphin fan knows you're not guaranteed success with an elite passer but I think a couple of decades without one should inform us all on the difficulties of contending in his absence.

I think most Dolphin fans would be thrilled to have a team that stands a chance at contention, and the quarterback gives you that. Whatever Houston fans may think of the quality of coaching or the supporting cast built around him Watson gives them a chance to contend. Same with Rodgers, Wilson, or River....all have dealt with a series of bad hands in their careers.

One or two bad calls does not define a coaches career and as I mentioned before there has been a big improvement since game one. We don't have the depth or personel to make half time adjustments.

The players are playing hard so with some real talent on the team yes I trust these coaches.......with maybe the exception of the DC.
Nobody ever improves!

You're only as good as your worst decision forever!!

I think the coach has as much to do with that as the QB. If Murray played behind last year's line, I can't see them having the "success" they are having this year.
So last year's head coach was responsible for last year's oline and this year's head coach is responsible for this year's oline? Is that how it works in Phoenix?

That Pats have beaten 1 winning team the other 6 have a combined record of 7 - 31, Jets, Phins, Skins, Steelers, Giants. Hardley offensive juggernauts, let's wait to proclaim the defense is better than last year. They've played the hapless Jets twice, those guys couldn't compete against a high school team. They're in worse shape than the Phins, at least it's known we are playing with scrubs and rebuilding, that organization is clueless, what an embarrassment...
They got most of same player back yes they go be better. They are winning. Plus BB is still around.

Tunsil was a good pick. Fitzpatrick is still up for debate but from the Phin's perspective they received a decent return in investment. I'm confident both were taken because they were deemed to be the best players available. If that's not following your draft plan then I don't know what is.

That being said I do think the philosophy will shift with the new staff. If you do not plan on paying top dollar to retain an offensive lineman then there will be some hesitance in drafting one as high as the Tunsil selection. Why pursue elite talent at a position if you view the market value of the position to be skewed unless the strategy is to use them for a few years on a rookie contract then dump them?

Its really difficult to judge the performance of any GM or scout without at least some stability in the coaching staff or the basic tenets they follow. Flores is coaching a roster built for Gase.
Not really. There's like 3 guys left anymore.

They got most of same player back yes they go be better. They are winning. Plus BB is still around.
They haven't been tested yet, with the exception of the Bills, they played all cellar dwellers. They may be, or may not be better than last year, too early to tell.

Tearing a team apart is the easy part, building it back up will be the hard part.

I don't know what Grier's plan is or even if it's set at this point, I would like to believe there taking a deeper drive into the draft with all the picks we have, anyone thinking we always have the skinny on all the picks is fooling themselves, just to many to take deep dives on.

Tear down looks right to me and there still some decisions being put off until 2020 for contract and aesthetic reasons.

It was Grier who sold Ross on this direction so I would think he has 2 or 3 years to prove it was the right decision, wonder if he is buying Maalox by the case yet? Every decision he makes moving forward will be judged with harsher scrutiny than ever before.

I personal think Tua is a top 5 NFL QB but I could see Grier selling the pick if he wasn't 100% sold

Flores also has shown he really had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots defense as they are a lot better now that he’s gone.

This is the most ridiculous assertion I've read in the past few weeks.

Which is saying a lot around here.

I'd call clear trolling, but I think he really believes it.

Tearing a team apart is the easy part, building it back up will be the hard part.

I don't know what Grier's plan is or even if it's set at this point, I would like to believe there taking a deeper drive into the draft with all the picks we have, anyone thinking we always have the skinny on all the picks is fooling themselves, just to many to take deep dives on.

Tear down looks right to me and there still some decisions being put off until 2020 for contract and aesthetic reasons.

It was Grier who sold Ross on this direction so I would think he has 2 or 3 years to prove it was the right decision, wonder if he is buying Maalox by the case yet? Every decision he makes moving forward will be judged with harsher scrutiny than ever before.

I personal think Tua is a top 5 NFL QB but I could see Grier selling the pick if he wasn't 100% sold
I absolutely agree with you, but not all tear downs are the same.

We could be sitting here with one pick in each round, 2 6s, 2 7ths, and a bologna sandwich right now.

Not sure how you can overemphasize the value of a franchise quarterback. Its the starting point of everything. Every Dolphin fan knows you're not guaranteed success with an elite passer but I think a couple of decades without one should inform us all on the difficulties of contending in his absence.

I think most Dolphin fans would be thrilled to have a team that stands a chance at contention, and the quarterback gives you that. Whatever Houston fans may think of the quality of coaching or the supporting cast built around him Watson gives them a chance to contend. Same with Rodgers, Wilson, or River....all have dealt with a series of bad hands in their careers.

Would Brady get this year's Fins to the SB? Would he have gotten all those rings with Gase as HC. Look, I'm in favor of a top QB, but some seem to think it's an elite QB and endless SBs. There has never been and isn't now a QB who could get his team to the SB without a good HC and a good team around him. There HAVE BEEN average QBs get to the SB with a good HC and a good team around him

Would Brady get this year's Fins to the SB? Would he have gotten all those rings with Gase as HC. Look, I'm in favor of a top QB, but some seem to think it's an elite QB and endless SBs. There has never been and isn't now a QB who could get his team to the SB without a good HC and a good team around him. There HAVE BEEN average QBs get to the SB with a good HC and a good team around him
if Gase had Brad. He would still be here as Dolphins head coach. 2016 Gase was good. 2018 Gase was good at beginning of season after that it fall apart. Gase is not hc material.. he dont know how deal w his players. Better off being Oc

Back
Top Bottom