Holland was always the pick guys | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holland was always the pick guys

Having multiple cards is how you end up drafting like the Bengals.....oops not that Williams, I meant the other Williams.
Having multiple cards with players names on it is also how you accidentally draft the wrong player.

I believe this was true. But hey, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn either.

Seriously, Holland was ranked as top 10 pick after last year's draft. He didn't play this year. But I live in PNW and watch the games all the time. I love the guy and am happy we drafted him. I used to say to my friends he is like a Pac-10 version of Ed Reed. Always around the ball. Makes smart plays during tough times of the game.

I'm not a talent evaluator though, so I doubt he ends up being close to Ed. Just saying that his playmaking stood out against other Pac 10 teams.

Go Fins!

I didn't want Williams or Jenkins. Given the trade in front of us it seemed obvious the Broncos thought we would take the running back, then as soon as we handed in the card so quickly it seemed equally obvious Denver was wrong.

I can't say I expected Holland but as soon as I heard the name I loved the pick. There is great value in the Pac 12. Tremendous athletes. I wouldn't mind a self-imposed system of drafting from within the SEC, Pac 12, Big Ten and ACC only.

I didn't want Williams or Jenkins. Given the trade in front of us it seemed obvious the Broncos thought we would take the running back, then as soon as we handed in the card so quickly it seemed equally obvious Denver was wrong.

I can't say I expected Holland but as soon as I heard the name I loved the pick. There is great value in the Pac 12. Tremendous athletes. I wouldn't mind a self-imposed system of drafting from within the SEC, Pac 12, Big Ten and ACC only.
I agree with both of these thoughts.

Holland and Doaks> Williams buy a country mile!

it’s about that jackass qb in bufffalo...Holland has a big IQ folks and with pressure Allen goes from Superman to a 3 ring circus! Make the clown trip over his own size 42 shoes baby!!!

Broncos likely trying to save face for leaping ahead

Only the Dolphins know the truth. Everyone else is speculating, whether they’ll acknowledge it or not.

As someone else said, these guys aren’t ever going to say that the player they selected wasn’t their top choice. Maybe one day when they are long retired, they might. But in the here and now, it ain’t gonna happen.

As for turning in their card so quickly, that doesn’t prove a thing. I can understand someone thinking that it does. And it could truly be the reason why. But it’s not the only possibility.

MIA seemed to select very quickly most times they were on the clock. In those instances it could easily be because they had no intentions to trade the pick and based upon how things were transpiring in front of them they knew exactly which player they wanted OR they knew it was an “either or” situation contingent upon what happened the pick before them.

For example by the time ATL (then DEN) was on the clock they could have already decided that they were keeping the pick because they knew they’d get Williams or Holland. Once Williams went, it’s not hard to quickly hand in the Holland card.

I’m not saying that is what happened, but it easily could have worked that way. Or those speculating that Holland was the pick all along could have it right and the Dolphins are actually telling the truth in this instance.

Regardless, we don’t know that for sure and the speed of the selection doesn’t prove anything unequivocally.

The Dolphins have apparently now said that they had Waddle rated higher than Chase. Is that truth too, or is it more posturing since Waddle is the guy they got?

We all have our opinion, but it’s based upon circumstantial evidence. Nothing more.

Regardless of all that, Holland is who they selected. And I’m hopeful he’ll develop into the player many are saying he can be.

Only the Dolphins know the truth. Everyone else is speculating, whether they’ll acknowledge it or not.

As someone else said, these guys aren’t ever going to say that the player they selected wasn’t their top choice. Maybe one day when they are long retired, they might. But in the here and now, it ain’t gonna happen.

As for turning in their card so quickly, that doesn’t prove a thing. I can understand someone thinking that it does. And it could truly be the reason why. But it’s not the only possibility.

MIA seemed to select very quickly most times they were on the clock. In those instances it could easily be because they had no intentions to trade the pick and based upon how things were transpiring in front of them they knew exactly which player they wanted OR they knew it was an “either or” situation contingent upon what happened the pick before them.

For example by the time ATL (then DEN) was on the clock they could have already decided that they were keeping the pick because they knew they’d get Williams or Holland. Once Williams went, it’s not hard to quickly hand in the Holland card.

I’m not saying that is what happened, but it easily could have worked that way. Or those speculating that Holland was the pick all along could have it right and the Dolphins are actually telling the truth in this instance.

Regardless, we don’t know that for sure and the speed of the selection doesn’t prove anything unequivocally.

The Dolphins have apparently now said that they had Waddle rated higher than Chase. Is that truth too, or is it more posturing since Waddle is the guy they got?

We all have our opinion, but it’s based upon circumstantial evidence. Nothing more.

Regardless of all that, Holland is who they selected. And I’m hopeful he’ll develop into the player many are saying he can be.

The slap fight basically had one guy (not the one listed here) saying “Miami tricked Denver into trading in front of them; they wanted Holland all along. Eric Studesville fake leaked info” and then the other guy (whom I trust) said, “Dude. That’s not what happened, and Studesville didn’t do that. Miami legit wanted Williams, but was also happy with Holland.”

It’s not always completely polarized.

Lot's of speculating in this post saying it's all speculation. :NUTS:

If that's the narrative teams want to put out it's ok with me. If I was Grier I'd say I had Waddle higher than Chase just to not look like a fool who traded down and missed out on superior talent. Instead with this narrative he sounds like a genius who ran rings around everybody. Also, Waddle is our guy now and we would never say we wished we had someone else. Frankly, I'm just thrilled to get one of the big 4 receivers. Flo loves his defense!

I have evidence from unnamed sources that the Fins were jumped!

Attachments

• 90A05BFB-FD9E-4CF6-B1BD-D2C81024D049.jpeg
    90A05BFB-FD9E-4CF6-B1BD-D2C81024D049.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom