Holland was always the pick guys | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holland was always the pick guys

I was surprised how fast the pick went in and surprised by the pick with the options that were there ie Jenkins, JOK, Ojulari etc. But it makes sense - we love our DBs and he's versatile. I know we were interested in Asante Samuel Jr and Richie Grant so in hindsight it makes sense.

He's mostly played nickel not single high so I'm not convinced that's the end of Bobby McCain, not this year anyway.

Holland feels like a perfect Brian Flores player.

We will never know if Williams or Holland was the target, but the fact that Miami didn't move up says a lot.

Grier was aggressive in dealing up for Eichenberg, another great fit and quite possibly the last plug and play offensive tackle.

How quick the pick comes in has nothing to do with that player being your top player overall you've been waiting for.

It just means you aren't considering or receiving offers to trade down. It means the top player on your board has more value to you than trading down.

Doesn't matter if the team before you took your guy, if you like the next man up enough to not trade out you can get the pick in just as fast.

It really is as simple to explain as this.

Either scenario could be the truth. They were taking Holland regardless, or they quickly went with the next man on their draft board.

We'll likely never know for sure which it was.

I didn't want Williams or Jenkins. Given the trade in front of us it seemed obvious the Broncos thought we would take the running back, then as soon as we handed in the card so quickly it seemed equally obvious Denver was wrong.

I can't say I expected Holland but as soon as I heard the name I loved the pick. There is great value in the Pac 12. Tremendous athletes. I wouldn't mind a self-imposed system of drafting from within the SEC, Pac 12, Big Ten and ACC only.
And miss out on a Moss, Sweetness, or Larry Little. Cmon, man! I think that kind of diversity is what makes America special! How about Doak somehow becomes the next LaGarrette Blount

Back
Top Bottom