Hollins > DVP, Fuller, Wilson, Williams | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hollins > DVP, Fuller, Wilson, Williams

If Parker and Hollins were your two starting WRs, at the end of the year who would have more catches and yards, considering injuries
That would be a fascinating study. I agree Parker is more gifted, but Hollins doesn't have injury issues and seems to have a better try hard attitude. I honestly don't know who would have a better season.

But he has produced. I haven’t done the math, but I bet if you extrapolate his stats to 16 starts he’s in the top half of the league or so in yards per game. He’s just not on the field.

I would cut Williams,Parkers and Wilson next yr. Production ain't no more than 1300 yard yr. All together. They all are avg to below avg players..why defend player..who ain't producing...

Yeah, I fight c**p with basic truth.

As far as being very smooth -lets just say the competition made it easy for me to shine - LOL
I just made you look like a fool which is why you backed away from your post. Let me break this down very slowly so even you can understand.

I was talking to someone else, made a prediction that Parker would be around top half of league in yards if you extrapolated stats to 16 games.

You came at me aggressive and sideways for absolutely no reason, and went on some incoherent rambling tirade about me not doing the math for God knows why.

I decided to entertain your pea brain, did the math, turns out my prediction was basically 100% accurate.

In response to me doing that math, per your petulant request, you say "hurrr durr I thought this was about hollins being better than other people." Despite the fact that my post was all Parkers stats, had nothing to do with Hollins, which you knew (provided you're fullly literate which is looking increasingly questionable). Despite the fact it was literally you who suggested over and over I needed to do that math...

What block in your head is making you think you looked good in that exchange lmao?

You're already known on this board as the guy who writes in jumbled, barley comprehensible sentences. Quit while you're ahead

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to have Parker as WR2 if and when Sanders retires in the offseason.

Diggs
Beasley
Parker
Davis

That would be pretty potent - I think a lot of you really undervalue Parker.

I would love to have Parker as WR2 if and when Sanders retires in the offseason.

Diggs
Beasley
Parker
Davis

That would be pretty potent - I think a lot of you really undervalue Parker.
He’s one of the best #2 WRs in the league…for half of the year. The other half he doesn’t play.

He’s one of the best #2 WRs in the league…for half of the year. The other half he doesn’t play.
I will take it. If he misses 6 games a year no issue can get by with Davis. I just think he will think he is a NO1 and will price himself out of a lot of work if he hits UFA.

Soft tissue injuries do not concern me as much. Those tend to be diet, or overuse INJ. Bills seemed to have really limited Soft Tissue injuries since McD has got on board. I also think the weather in MIA tends to lead to more soft tissue (muscle injuries). Not sure if there is science that points there. But seems to me teams that play and practice in the heat and humidity all the time just seems there is more muscle injuries in those teams.

Last edited:
Guys do not make it personal

Attack the post not the poster

I’d gladly take that bet if we decide to move on this off-season. Parker has been our #1 receiver for more than half a decade and has one 1,000-yard season to his name. He’s never even cracked 800 yards receiving in any other year. His Dolphins stats are almost identical to Brian Hartline’s, and Hartline was out of the league two years after leaving the Dolphins.

Parker was a bust who has kept getting volume because there hasn’t been anybody else to throw the ball to.
You just countered your own argument...if there hasn't been anybody else to throw to wouldn't all the coverage shift towards him? I'd say a 800yd season is pretty good one when you are the only legit target.

And if he "was" a bust...what is he now? Busts are typically not in the league after 3 seasons if not sooner.

I guess CMC and Saquon are busts as well, if you're only going by availability.

A bust isn't someone who is injury prone. A bust is someone who can't hang in the NFL due to lack of talent or effort.

Last edited:
You just countered your own argument...if there hasn't been anybody else to throw to wouldn't all the coverage shift towards him? I'd say a 800yd season is pretty good one when you are the only legit target.

And if he "was" a bust...what is he now? Busts are typically not in the league after 3 seasons if not sooner.

I guess CMC and Saquon are busts as well, if you're only going by availability.

A bust isn't someone who is injury prone. A bust is someone who can't hang in the NFL due to lack of talent or effort.
No. Nobody is worried about DeVante Parker racking up 50 yards receiving a game and 3 touchdowns a year. No shift in coverage is necessary to prevent that lack of production. The ball has to go somewhere. We’ve had an awful offense for Parker’s entire career.

No. Nobody is worried about DeVante Parker racking up 50 yards receiving a game and 3 touchdowns a year. No shift in coverage is necessary to prevent that lack of production. The ball has to go somewhere. We’ve had an awful offense for Parker’s entire career.
Stop killing your own opinion.

If we've had an awful offense how can Parker produce? Unless you are saying Parker made us awful...Don't hate the kid for his super intense stretch regimen during the week that causes soft tissue damage.😉

Stop killing your own opinion.

If we've had an awful offense how can Parker produce? Unless you are saying Parker made us awful...Don't hate the kid for his super intense stretch regimen during the week that causes soft tissue damage.😉
Good players produce in bad offenses all the time. The Saints are currently the 5th worst offense in the league. Alvin Kamara is still top 10 among RBs in rushing yards. Houston is currently the 4th worst offense in the league. Brandin Cooks has the 9th most receiving yards in the NFL. Hell, the current Dolphins have an abysmal offense. Jaylen Waddle is a rookie, and through 6 games, he has already caught as many touchdown passes as DVP has caught in three of his six seasons in the NFL. Waddle is one TD away from matching DVP’s second-best season. And again, it’s been 6 games.

Back
Top Bottom