Holton Hill and Azeem Victor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holton Hill and Azeem Victor

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Hill (cb from Texas} or Victor (lb Washington) as 3rd or 4th round options? Both have had some off the field issues, but both are talented defenders that could help the Dolphins defense. HIll is very physical and could even be moved to free safety for the Dolphins. Victor and a free agent lb like Tahir Whitehead could turn the line backing corp from a weakness to a strength, Especially if the Phins nab Smith in the first round. A line backing group of Smith, Victor, Alonso, Whitehead, Anthony and Allen is very solid.

If Hill is there in the 7th round or as a free agent, I wouldn’t dismiss him solely for his disciplinary issues at Texas. He’s got great size, speed, and athleticism. He’s he physical prototype for what we like at corner. I would keep him there.

I don’t like Victor for us. His lack of quickness and explosion showed up at the combine. Maybe he’s still a little heavy after gaining some pounds before his senior season. I just don’t want another linebacker that can be exploited in coverage.

Victor will be lucky to be drafted. His play had fallen off the last few years. Add that to 2 suspension this year, looking much slower (he did gain some weight) and only starting 5 of 9 eligible games this year and you have a guy on major slide.

Even when he did start, the guy was a liability in coverage and missed a ton of tackles.

I would take a flyer on Hill but not until Day 3. He's athletically gifted but extremely immature according to reports. We need professionals on this team, otherwise they won't be here long. Recent history has shown us that. So if i'm taking a chance, it's not until Day 3. Every other pick needs to stick. We have no depth on this roster and tons of gaps.

Yeah I loved watching Hill this season without realizing all the disciplinary stuff until it was over. He'd be a 2nd round pick if not for the immaturity ... hard to justify anything higher than a 5th or 6th without knowing the situation first hand. Lots of bad reports. Gets me every year.

Back
Top Bottom