"Homer" alert | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Homer" alert

zach attach

Active Roster
Reaction score
Well, I'm not really, but for this game I am.

There is literally no one picking us to win this game Sunday, and that may work in our favor. We have been the underdog last year and a little this year to start, however, our past 4 games have shown why we really are.

There's no expectation to win. Our defense will use this to ready themselves for the vaunted high power offense of Atlanta.

Our offense has had 4 games to identify the issues stopping them from scoring. I'm over it being just Cutler. I'm looking past that, and am on the offense as a whole wagon. Defenses are playing zone on us, 4 games has proven that. Gase will throw out what hasn't worked and introduce what does. 4 games is a lot of info to choose the right plays. The receivers need to catch. The short game is what we're playing because that's all the defense is giving. Looking back as Cassell's Titans, their short dump off game was pretty good. Short darts for 10 yards will move us down field, we just have to catch first.

Our line is not getting it done. For Cutler or Ajayi. This seems like a game where they can face the giants, show their teeth and pin their ears back because again, we aren't supposed to win.

Gase is the x-factor here. I get the feeling this guy does not like losing. And yes, we are .500, but I'm thinking Gase doesn't see a win against the Titans, just a survival of the worst 2 team's efforts. He has enough tape to see who can do what and plan for it. Gase was quoted saying he wasn't going to lose to Quinn again, and this week I believe that.

So. I predict a win for the above mentioned reasons. It may be by a fg, who knows. This team has been through the worst 1st 4 weeks and finally had some stability in a win against the Titans. This week is week 2 of consistency that needs to extend all year w/o a bye.

Bottom line, I feel we have identified the issues, and the O staff, receivers and Cutler know what they need to do. I'm not too worried about the defense, because they are having fun out there.

The Fins just need to dig down deep and tap unity and heart to pull this one out.

Miami-27
Atl-24

I've said a few times, I don't predict scores. That said, if Miami loses by 10 o r less, I'll be favorably impressed

giphy.gif

I hope you're right.

That said, I think we get roflstomped and on sunday night we are bitching about both the offense AND the defense.

Atl 52-0

I've been gettint really tired of all the fin fans saying we have "zero chance". I've been seeing it on Reddit, on here, hearing it on podcasts. Come on now. Atlanta is NOT that good. Just because they played in the super bowl last year means little right now. Dont forget how carolina did last year after their super bowl berth. They are the better team sure, but everyone is acting like its the 07 pats game all over again (1-14 vs 15-0 or whatever it was)

Y’all getting your hopes up. I’d love to see the Fins win but I’m a realist. Gase isn’t the answer and he won’t change shlt up. What, maybe add a TE screen to all of the WR screens. He is one of the most stubborn coaches that I have seen. The guru keeps calling plays that keep failing.

Love the mixed comments here, lol! Yeah, we may get beat 52-0, but I'd bet money that doesn't happen. Just trying to point out positives in my team. A lot of times- "Psst, your negativity is showing" and I'm guilty of it, but I'm a Dolphins fan, I get bi-polar at times :confused

When Gase said he won’t lose to Quinn he really meant it. He has had this one singular focus in the offseason and everything up to this point has been one big set-up to muck Quinn up. The Tanny ACL, Irma, incompetent offense, Timmons AWOL, all part of the plan. Watch it unfurl this Sunday.

This is when Miami is dangerous. If Atlanta think and expect it to be an easy win (as per Vegas points spread) because of their talent and getting Julio and Beazley back from injury and playing in their beautiful new stadium. However, they might get a bit of a surprise. Pretty confident that our Defense is going to turn up and play very physical. If we are still close on the scoreboard in the 4th Qtr, our good playmakers like Jarvis Landry and Jay Ajayi to pull off a special upset.

***Warning - Spiketex is an optimist by nature.

The Falcons had an embarrassing home loss last week, and the Dolphins had an embarrassing home win last week. The game is in Atlanta.

Bet on the Falcons and give up the 12.5 points.

Back
Top Bottom