"Homer" alert | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Homer" alert

I’m not very omptimistic about tomorrow’s game, but the similarities to the Stealers game in week 6 last year are glarring. Double digit underdog, major shake up on the oline, fans calling for the benching of our qb, and the entire NFL writing us off.

We need to develop an identity on offense. We have to get some push from the oline in the run game. Jay will blast through that line all day but he needs a crease, something. Bring in a reverse or 2 but use it late in the game and hope to catch them napping. I'd throw everything into this game plan, fake punts, long shots downfield, blitz the hell out of Matty Ice on defense and tell your Safety's to come up on run support very physically, let's force some turnovers and let's convert all trips to the red zone with TDs. We do some of that we'll be in it. I don't see them routing us. I see the game coming down to who makes the plays in the 4th quarter. I have a feeling we're going to lose a heartbreaker right in the end. 24-23. I better not be right!!!!!!!

We need to develop an identity on offense. We have to get some push from the oline in the run game. Jay will blast through that line all day but he needs a crease, something. Bring in a reverse or 2 but use it late in the game and hope to catch them napping. I'd throw everything into this game plan, fake punts, long shots downfield, blitz the hell out of Matty Ice on defense and tell your Safety's to come up on run support very physically, let's force some turnovers and let's convert all trips to the red zone with TDs. We do some of that we'll be in it. I don't see them routing us. I see the game coming down to who makes the plays in the 4th quarter. I have a feeling we're going to lose a heartbreaker right in the end. 24-23. I better not be right!!!!!!!
I think the offense has to be opened up along with scheming up plays with different personnel to catch the Falcons off guard. Need to get Jay going and open it up from there.

Reactions: BSQ
Whatever loosens things up is great with me. Pass to set up the run or the other way around, just find something that gives us some rhythm on offense.

The Falcons had an embarrassing home loss last week, and the Dolphins had an embarrassing home win last week. The game is in Atlanta.

Bet on the Falcons and give up the 12.5 points.

I’m not very omptimistic about tomorrow’s game, but the similarities to the Stealers game in week 6 last year are glarring. Double digit underdog, major shake up on the oline, fans calling for the benching of our qb, and the entire NFL writing us off.

Actually it's quite different, which I alluded to above. Last year the Dolphins were big underdogs at home, had lost two in a row and four of five to start the season, and the Steelers were coming off of two wins in a row.

This year the Dolphins are on the road, won last week, and the opposing team lost at home last week.

The Falcons aren't going to lose two games in a row at home, much less to the Dolphins in the second game.

Now one has to consider the spread, which is 12.5 points. That's less than two touchdowns. Now ask yourself the likelihood with which the Dolphins could get beaten by the Falcons in Atlanta by two touchdowns or more, given the above context.

Whatever loosens things up is great with me. Pass to set up the run or the other way around, just find something that gives us some rhythm on offense.

EXACTLY! DO NOT run all day against 8-9 in the box. Do not pass all day if the OL can't pass block. IMO, half of this game is on Gase (play-calling). An entire 1Q of run, run, pass short of the sticks, and it's over by 2Q.

I like the dolphins but let's not be delusional. The offense is beyond horrible! If the fins score 10 points total, I would not be surprised. Final score ATL 44 Miami 10.

I say to myself: one of these games the offense is going to click into gear and explode on someone!!!! Is anybody else thinking that?

I have been hoping for that and watch every week. But then I see Cutler and my heart sinks.

I dont care if the Dolphins put 22 septuagenarians on the field, I go into every Sunday believing they can and will win. i friggin love them and there is no logic in fandom, to me there is no chance they lose ever and i only believe the final score so until the last second of the 4th quarter there is always a chance. that being said i dont gamble on them either.....

If it were in Miami maybe, but in Atlanta with Atlanta’s coming off a bye and no legitimate reason to believe the offense is magically going to become competant after a week of practice? Believing Miami will win tomorrow is pure homerism at its most basic. That being said hope I’m wrong.

Every game has an underdog, that alone doesn’t provide any rational reason to expect a role reversal.

Reactions: <O>
If it were in Miami maybe, but in Atlanta with Atlanta’s coming off a bye and no legitimate reason to believe the offense is magically going to become competant after a week of practice? Believing Miami will win tomorrow is pure homerism at its most basic. That being said hope I’m wrong.

Every game has an underdog, that alone doesn’t provide any rational reason to expect a role reversal.

Such role reversals occur when the favorite is complacent and the underdog is hungry or has something to prove. The former of those won't be happening this week, and the latter is questionable.

I dont care if the Dolphins put 22 septuagenarians on the field, I go into every Sunday believing they can and will win. i friggin love them and there is no logic in fandom, to me there is no chance they lose ever and i only believe the final score so until the last second of the 4th quarter there is always a chance. that being said i dont gamble on them either.....

They will break your heart and wallet everytime.

We have no chance against a .500 or better team with Cutler at QB. I hope that I am wrong. I wish he would put up a big game against a team like Atl.

Back
Top Bottom