"Homer" alert | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Homer" alert

Actually it's quite different, which I alluded to above. Last year the Dolphins were big underdogs at home, had lost two in a row and four of five to start the season, and the Steelers were coming off of two wins in a row.

This year the Dolphins are on the road, won last week, and the opposing team lost at home last week.

The Falcons aren't going to lose two games in a row at home, much less to the Dolphins in the second game.

Now one has to consider the spread, which is 12.5 points. That's less than two touchdowns. Now ask yourself the likelihood with which the Dolphins could get beaten by the Falcons in Atlanta by two touchdowns or more, given the above context.
Stranger things have happened in this league.

I'm with ya homer

giphy.gif

24 FINS - 21 DIRTY BIRDS

Homer wins :)

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000_zpsjn4qvyti.gif

Unreal. Glad to be wrong.

The first half was exactly what would be expected in a game like this, and something from outer space happened in the second half.

We need to develop an identity on offense. We have to get some push from the oline in the run game. Jay will blast through that line all day but he needs a crease, something. Bring in a reverse or 2 but use it late in the game and hope to catch them napping. I'd throw everything into this game plan, fake punts, long shots downfield, blitz the hell out of Matty Ice on defense and tell your Safety's to come up on run support very physically, let's force some turnovers and let's convert all trips to the red zone with TDs. We do some of that we'll be in it. I don't see them routing us. I see the game coming down to who makes the plays in the 4th quarter. I have a feeling we're going to lose a heartbreaker right in the end. 24-23. I better not be right!!!!!!!

That's how I saw things before the game. I'm very glad I was wrong about losing a close one. Imagine how I felt when Atlanta was driving in the end, T.G. for Jones.

Actually it's quite different, which I alluded to above. Last year the Dolphins were big underdogs at home, had lost two in a row and four of five to start the season, and the Steelers were coming off of two wins in a row.

This year the Dolphins are on the road, won last week, and the opposing team lost at home last week.

The Falcons aren't going to lose two games in a row at home, much less to the Dolphins in the second game.

Now one has to consider the spread, which is 12.5 points. That's less than two touchdowns. Now ask yourself the likelihood with which the Dolphins could get beaten by the Falcons in Atlanta by two touchdowns or more, given the above context.
Did you follow your advice and bet Atlanta big?

So happy I was right on this one boys! Maybe if I go on vacation every game weekend, we win out!

Funny you mentioned this, because I have the same situation.

My daughter is a competitive dancer, and she always attends this huge dance convention out-of-state this time of the year. I've been taking her to it the past three years, and every year it's been a HUGE win for the dolphins. 3 years ago it was the @$$ whoppin' on the Texans (41-0 at halftime) ending our 0 for streak against them. Last year it was the Pittsburgh game (figured I wouldn't be missing much going to her convention that week), and this weekend was the comeback against the Falcons. The funny thing about it, I told one of my friends, since my daughter's convention was this weekend, that maybe the Fins will pull off another big win like they did the last two years. LOL.....CRAZY!!!!

Last edited:
Funny you mentioned this, because I have the same situation.

My daughter is a competitive dancer, and she always attends this huge dance convention out-of-state this time of the year. I've been taking her to it the past three years, and every year it's been a HUGE win for the dolphins. 3 years ago it was the @$$ whoppin' on the Texans (41-0 at halftime) ending our 0 for streak against them. Last year it was the Pittsburgh game (figured I wouldn't be missing much going to her convention that week), and this weekend was the comeback against the Falcons. The funny thing about it, I told one of my friends, since my daughter's convention was this weekend, that maybe the Fins will pull off another big win like they did the last two years. LOL.....CRAZY!!!!

Did you all go to Orlando? That's where we were. I will go there next year too until the spell breaks, haha!

I admit that I was wrong on my prediction. I will say that the first half played out exactly how I thought it would and I was embarrassed to be a dolphin fan attending the game. (Embarrassed enough to wear a regular shirt over my dolphin's t. I still am shocked that the fins pulled out a win. I need more proof that they have turned a corner though. If they can put together 3 to 4 wins in a row than I will start to believe.

Back
Top Bottom