honestly do you think we would..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

honestly do you think we would.....

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
honestly do you think we would have been better off drafting a corner or a wide out instead of brown? dont get me wrong i love rb as a player and i am glad we got him but with surtain gone and the draft was deeeep with running backs and henry out there for chump change would we have better off not getting brown?

rickysux said:
honestly do you think we would have been better off drafting a corner or a wide out instead of brown? dont get me wrong i love rb as a player and i am glad we got him but with surtain gone and the draft was deeeep with running backs and henry out there for chump change would we have better off not getting brown?
Good Question I feel like we adressed what needed 2 b. but Gordon Minor or even Morris are not serious threats to even a midiocre D. Ronnie is and at the time Cb looked at least playable now however yes we could use a antrell rolle or such but thats the way it is I personally am excited this is the strongest draft class I have seen by any team in quite awhile Now I wanna seem' WORK KILL KILL YEA RIP THERE Fn' HEADS OFF. ARRRRR!

NO WAY!!!!!! If we couldn't trade down (which happened) I would have wanted Ronnie Brown.

No! Ronnie is the complete package. Drafting by position at #2 is not wise.

Travis Henry was out there, and is still out there because he's a very average running back. I think Henry is gonna have a tough time finding a starting job anywhere in the league because he's an average RB. CB is a concern because Poole got hurt, I still think another Cb will be added, but Reggie Howard has to produce, he was a good CB in Carolina but was lost in the defensive scheme last year. If Travis Daniels can come in and produce right away, the team will be alright at CB, but that's a big "if." I would've taken Alex Smith ahead of Brown, and I liked Benson, I would've considered them ahead of Brown, but it was not my decision. There is no way I would've taken a Cb ahead of Brown, because I don't think Jones or Rolle were worth a top 5 pick.

What I love about Ronnie is that we can do with him what we are talking about doing with JT. For instance, we line up in a 3 WR/1 TE/1 RB set with McMichael on the line DBo very close to the line and CC and Booker out wide. It looks like a running formation, then we shift Boston and McMichael split out to the slots and Brown splits out as the 5th WR. With his hands and ability to make plays out of the backfield teams will have to respect him.....Now I pose a question. How do you defend all five in pass routes?

We really didnt need a Wr not to mention now we got Chambers, Booker and Boston so we are set at WR. And at the time Will Poole was supposed to step up and play well for us. so no we shouldnt have done anything diffrent.

No. Brown was the best available. You don't pass on someone like that no matter how deep the draft is.

Nicky Napoleon said:
What I love about Ronnie is that we can do with him what we are talking about doing with JT. For instance, we line up in a 3 WR/1 TE/1 RB set with McMichael on the line DBo very close to the line and CC and Booker out wide. It looks like a running formation, then we shift Boston and McMichael split out to the slots and Brown splits out as the 5th WR. With his hands and ability to make plays out of the backfield teams will have to respect him.....Now I pose a question. How do you defend all five in pass routes?

exactly

draft time i wanted #1 smith, #2 edwards, #3 brown.

so i'm fairly happy with how it turned out. and given that saban obviously rated brown's value to the team better than edwards i've no problem that we went that way even tho ricky will be back and we could have picked up henry.

i want an HC who chooses who he thinks is the best player rather than risks it on who else might be available later.

even when he's wrong ;)

i rated mike williams very highly..

Ronnie was #2 on my board and Antrel #3.

byroan said:
No. Brown was the best available. You don't pass on someone like that no matter how deep the draft is.

he was the best available...especially for the Fins situation...i got to admit...i really liked braylon edwards as well.

i really felt that a lot of gm's were tyring to down play brown...they were hoping he would slip...i think many felt that he was the best player available.

go fins!!!

We Are In A Re-build.....

Re-build....

Re-build..., We Are Not Going To The Bowl....

Get It In Yer Little Head

Back
Top Bottom