Honey Badger Tears ACL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honey Badger Tears ACL

rob19

Soul Rebel
Reaction score
Coach Bruce Arians announced Monday that Tyrann Mathieu will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL. It's a devastating turn of events for one of the most versatile and most valuable defensive players in the entire league. The "Honey Badger" was enjoying a true breakout campaign that highlighted his incredible playmaking ability in coverage and against the run.

Arians was clearly emotional when talking about losing Mathieu, who is one of the leaders of the Cardinals. He was taken in the third round of the 2013 draft, and has evolved into one of the team's signature players.

"We have a little different bond, just because of where he came from, where I came from," Arians said via the team's website. "I've just gotten real attached to him. I love the player but I love the person more."

Mathieu tore his left ACL in December of 2013 at a time where he was a strong contender for the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-mathieu-will-miss-the-season-with-a-torn-acl

Bummer.

Back
Top Bottom