hooshoops prospect takes... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hooshoops prospect takes...

Hey guys, I'm wondering what your take on Logan Ryan from Rutgers is. I've watched a few Rutgers games this year and he has me intruiged. I recently did a mock while bored at work and mocked us taking Jonathan Banks. However, I've watched some more film on Ryan and feel like he could be a solid pick in the early part of the 2nd round. From a Corner perspective, I feel like he's a better cover corner than guys like Xavier Rhodes and David Amerson, maybe even a better cover corner than Banks. Unless Milliner falls to the 12th spot, if Ryan is there for our 1st pick in the 2nd round I think that would be a great pick. Someone who can make an immediate impact to our secondary. 6' 190-195lbs. Runs around 4.44. KB maybe you could put him in your draft prospects thread.
David Amerson and cover corner do not belong in the same sentence.

logan ryan is interesting...i'm in the process of looking at some of his stuff...

as for amerson he screams corner safety tweener to me...i stay the hell away

watching some mich st rb leveon bell right now...if that kid had top end speed and acceleration he'd be a top 10 pick...that's the only thing he lacks is top end speed...runs to his size punishes people downhill style rb with sweet feet and he'll catch the ball like a 200 lb scat back...he leaves bodies on the ground at contact...runs under his feet well and with good pad level...

i'd love to have this guy as my change of pace short yardage and goalline back and unleash him when nursing leads late...top 50 bpa

I'm with you guys on Amerson. That guy sounds like the second coming of Jason Allen. Thats not what we need. However I believe that Logan Ryan could be just what we are looking for in the 2nd round of the draft. A pure cover corner. He's got the speed needed at the position and skill set to make an impact at an area that is weak for us. Fluid hips, able to mirror receiver, and he's not afraid to come up and tackle. Reminds me of a taller Vontae Davis when Vontae is at his best and focused.

watching some mich st rb leveon bell right now...if that kid had top end speed and acceleration he'd be a top 10 pick...that's the only thing he lacks is top end speed...runs to his size punishes people downhill style rb with sweet feet and he'll catch the ball like a 200 lb scat back...he leaves bodies on the ground at contact...runs under his feet well and with good pad level...

i'd love to have this guy as my change of pace short yardage and goalline back and unleash him when nursing leads late...top 50 bpa
Alfred Morris ran 4.69 at the combine...he's not doing to bad for a kid with no top end speed. Darn good fit for the ZBS though.

take him over eddy lacy?

Alfred Morris ran 4.69 at the combine...he's not doing to bad for a kid with no top end speed. Darn good fit for the ZBS though.

that might be around what bell runs also...i wouldn't in miamis case consider a rb before the 3rd round but bell would definitely be someone i'd think long and hard about if he got there...

as for eddy lacy he's another downhill big back i like...i don't know that his feet are better than bells but he's to me got better explosion and top end speed...don't know that i think lacys vision is better and i'm damn sure he's not the receiver bell shows to be...

miami would be wise probably not to even consider a back before the middle rounds...we don't need feature guy we need change of pace with size and plays to that size...

Well if folks werent listening to you before about mingo..... tonights game has certainly grabbed their attention i would think

Well if folks werent listening to you before about mingo..... tonights game has certainly grabbed their attention i would think

You called it early in the season hoops. Mingo is an absolute beast.

Last edited by a moderator:
miss st slot wr chad bumphus is a pro...he's another more quick than fast slot in the mold of a davon bess...and that's his big issue...he's just not very fast or explosive...still he'll make a nfl roster as a slot and be a late round pick...understands zone coverage and leverage sits down well when he has space...

i'm a fan of his game but he does nothing for miami with bess already here...as such he won't be on my draft board for miami...

that might be around what bell runs also...i wouldn't in miamis case consider a rb before the 3rd round but bell would definitely be someone i'd think long and hard about if he got there...

as for eddy lacy he's another downhill big back i like...i don't know that his feet are better than bells but he's to me got better explosion and top end speed...don't know that i think lacys vision is better and i'm damn sure he's not the receiver bell shows to be...

miami would be wise probably not to even consider a back before the middle rounds...we don't need feature guy we need change of pace with size and plays to that size...
We may already have that guy in Jonas Gray hoops. It would depend on how well he's coming back from his injury but he fits the mold.

Taylor Lewan has looked REALLY good going up against Clowney. I think he got beat once but Gardner scrambled for a first, and he got called for a holding. The negative with Lewan as he showed today is he will get a personal foul here and there.

Taylor Lewan has looked REALLY good going up against Clowney. I think he got beat once but Gardner scrambled for a first, and he got called for a holding. The negative with Lewan as he showed today is he will get a personal foul here and there.
He looks like a slightly more athletic version of Jake Long...before the injuries.

Any thoughts on Jonathan Banks hoops? I would love us to take a big time cb round one.

Back
Top Bottom