hopefully Wonderlic is not that important | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hopefully Wonderlic is not that important

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
TEST SCORES

Of the 21 guards invited to the Indianapolis Combine two months ago, Dolphins first-round pick Vernon Carey tied for the lowest Wonderlic test score with an 18. Washington State's Josh Parrish also scored an 18. The highest score went to North Carolina's Jeb Terry, who scored a 41.

Carey, who played guard at the University of Miami as a senior, will play tackle for the Dolphins. He was a tackle at UM his junior year. The Wonderlic measures a player's ability to make logical deductions given everyday situations.
:eek:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8545208.htm

If I remember correctly, Marino only got like a 16...LaDainian Tomlinson got a 13, I think, & the average score is 19...

Linemen generally do really well on the test. I don't know if it is because linemen are generally smart or it is because they need to be.

Someone posted an ESPN link to a sample test and under timed conditions it's pretty freaking tough. I wouldn't hold much against the players.

Who cares.........

Only I'll worry abou the scores if we were drafting a QB.

OK I have a confession to make. :o

I recently applied for a job that had standardized testing as part of the recruiting process. Now Im not a stupid guy. Many moons ago I scored a 680 on the Math part of the SAT's, and have been working in hi-tech for 7-8 years. Still, I failed the test by an embarrassingly a large margin :lol: Why you say? I have no idea. Maybe I was nervous (I was). Maybe I just didnt bring it that day. Maybe Im not as smart as I thought. Who knows. (dont worry folks, somehow, I still got the job )

Point is, I will NEVER judge a person for doing poorly on a standardized test. There are way too many factors and variables that come into play. As far as Im concerned, Carey can take that exam tomorrow and score twice as well. As long as hes able to read and execute the playbook, hes smart enough in my book.

So sont judge a man's intelligence by one exam (that includes me! :yell: )

I think the Wonderlic is pretty easy, but you have to remember these are football players who are force-fed through college. There have been a couple of first-round draft picks in recent years who couldn't read. I took the practice 9-question sample and it projected me at a 50 overall, and I couldn't handle OGun off the line.

Thus, there is an inverse proportionality between Wonderlic and ability to play RT... the lower the score, the better the blocking. And I came to this conclusion with the newest brand of logic, FIN-ATIC LOGIC. In stores now.

Sample Wonderlic and Score Projection:
http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/existence/wonderlic.html

All you need to know about the Wonderlic is Brian Griese scored a 39 and Dan Marino scored a 16.

Shows you how "great" of a test it is.

grooves12 said:
All you need to know about the Wonderlic is Brian Griese scored a 39 and Dan Marino scored a 16.

Shows you how "great" of a test it is.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

The practice test doesn't mean jack if you don't time yourself. All of the questions are designed so that you CAN answer them all if you had time. The key is the fact that you have to do the 50 questions in only 12 minutes. Plus they get harder as you go. If you did the 9 question sample you would have to time yourself at exactly 2 minutes and 10 seconds in order for it to be accurate. Once upon a time I scored a perfect 800 on the SAT math section and a 740 on verbal, and I tell you I didn't finish all 50 questions. Nobody does unless they christmas tree or start guessing...and yes some of the answers are indeed multiple choice but some of them are not. The HR person here at my company told me only one person ever finished all 50 questions and got the perfect 50, and they figured out later that he cheated, had access to the test beforehand.

A score of 18 isn't even bad. Its just not great.

Back
Top Bottom