Hoping Deiter wins the RG spot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoping Deiter wins the RG spot

insomnia411

The world is yours
Reaction score
To me, the left side of our line as well as the center position should be (no guarantees) solidified with Jackson, Flowers and Karras.
For the sake of having a primarily home grown and youthful (as well as very powerful) offensive line, I'd love to see Deiter beat out Davis for the RG job while Hunt proves to be the mauling, dominant RT we all hope he will be.
Deiter struggled mightily at times last year but he's a young, strong kid from Wisconsin (an NFL o line factory) with major upside. I don't think 3rd round picks should be expected to just slide in and dominate as rookies, and maybe he just needed that first year trial by fire to learn the hard way and develop.
We don't need to have superstars at every OL position, but hopefully we have a young OL that gels nicely and works together well sooner than later... Can't be worse than last year, can it?

I would feel the same way if I was confident Hunt can play RT(especially in front of Tua). I just don't think he has the feet for it.

On the plus side, I think Hunt can be a dominating beast of a RG which would not be all bad.

But if he can do it, having Dieter, Kindley and Davis fighting it out for the RG spot would be ideal.

More likely one of those guys wins the RG job and we are looking for a RT next Draft.

Don't forget that Deiter played some center in college and could possibly find a home there eventually.

The Deiter developing would be a positive development indeit!

I'm bullish on the Deiter and have a sneaky suspicion he's gonna

emerge in new and Deiteristic ways!

Let's hope the Deiter will not be deterred!

De end.

If you re watch the Patriot game, where we knocked them out of home field for the Playoffs you won't be that high on Dieter. He got beat up so bad it was sad. I hope he brings more to the party than what he showed that day. I liked the pick and I still think the player has more upside than we've seen, he better or he won't be around very long. There's a lot of bodies vying for just a few slots on the o-line.

The Deiter developing would be a positive development indeit!

I'm bullish on the Deiter and have a sneaky suspicion he's gonna

emerge in new and Deiteristic ways!

Let's hope the Deiter will not be deterred!

De end.
Lmaooooo!!! I'll have what you've been smoking!!! Funny stuff. And I do agree about a Deiteristic Rise to Prominence!!!

I don't even think he is a quality backup from what he has shown so far.

One year in a crazy situation, with all the other lineman struggling with their own assignments so nobody could cheat over and help the rookie out from time to time. Not to mention this will be a different offensive scheme. Dieter is in the same boat with Hunt and Solomon Kindley.

If we are going by what we hope happens, I actually prefer that he is our Center of the future.

A line of Jackson, Flowers, Dieter, Kindley, and Hunt would provide exactly the type of power that I know Flores wants.

There is a reason all the lineman we drafted were powerful guys that all weighed over 320.

Kindley is a very interesting case. I did not understand giving up so much to grab him in the 4th at the time. While it was very impressive that he easily could stand up any guy that ran into him, it was clear he would struggle against agile interior lineman.

But he has lost around 20 pounds. This brings him down to the much more reasonable 320 range. And I have faith he was able to do this without losing much power, bc the man was carrying a lot of fat. Seeing those man titties was kind of scaring me on draft night.

So you can add him to the pile of draft picks that left me scratching my head on draft night that I have now come around on.

But if this line is truly finished, which I don't really think is the case, then Dieter's best home might be at Center. The fact is that Dieter has below average strength, but he has good quickness and leg drive.

I think his best chances of succeeding as a possible starter in this system is to have him in a situation where he is flanked by two powerful guards, whether those guys are Flowers/Hunt or Flowers/Kindley. But his versatility has always been one of his biggest selling points, so I don't want to give the impression that I think this is the only way he can succeed.

The last thing I'll say is that I have a hard time holding anything he did last year against him. He was drafted into the worst line I've honestly ever seen. Hard enough to be a rookie, but how can you be asked to succeed as a 3rd rounder when the line is completely devoid of anything resembling starting NFL talent?

Hope Deiter wins, but he play was pretty uninspiring last season like the rest of the OL. Jesse Davis is average at best and he has to be considered the favorite for the position.

Back
Top Bottom