Horrible last year and ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Horrible last year and ...

zackattack54

Finatic 24/7
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone agrees we've improved this year so even tho we sunk to a 4-12 lst year how many games were we in or just gave away, or just ???

Week 1 Titans - game moved up do to hurricanes, 3 turnovers to 1 including 1 in the endzone. (17-7)

Week 2 CIN - Lat collapse by D. 3-1 turnover disadvantage. (16-13)

Week 3 PIT - Played IN a hurricane. Gordon out. 4-1 t.o. disadvantage (13-3)

Week 4 NYJ - tight game - 4-1 t.o. disadvantage again (I see a pattern) (17-9)

Week 5 NE - Beat the hell outa Brady only 69 yds/pass. 2-1 t.o. disadvantage the Fiedler fumble in our own territory killed us. (24-10)

Week 6 BUF - Gave up 5 sacks. 1-0 t.o. dis (20-13)

Week 7 STL - I flew down to the game so my perfect record of never seeing MIA lose in person still intact. (31-14)

Week 8 NYJ - what can I say got our asses wupped. (41-14)

Week 9 ARI - TERRIBLE call on Surtain for roughing the QB which the int that was made would of sealed the game then the hail mary. (24-23)

Week 11 SEA - Close game missed Mare FG 4-3 t.o. dis ( 24-17)

Week 12 SF - Niners sucked more than us. (24-17)

Week 13 BUF - 7 turnovers and still only lost by 10. (42-32)

Week 14 DEN - close game coulda went either way. (20-17)

Week 15 NE - inspired play, we'll see more of that this year. (29-28)

Week 16 CLE - Thought we just blew a higher pick (10-7)

Week 17 BAL - 3-0 t.o. disadvantage did we really try in this one? (30-23)

Sorry so lengthy but as you can see besides the Mon night debacle against the Jets we were in pretty much every game. Crucial turnovers, lack of a running game, terrible OL play killed us. This year, better game plan (hopefully leads to better execution and less turn overs) A better running game by far and an improved OL - So this Terrible 4-12 team from last year (because of better coaching, personnel, and hopefully less turnovers and mistakes) SHOULD win at least 9 games this year and contend in the East.

Thanks for the reminder and yes I do believe we will be a better team than last yearsteam. The schedule looks to be a little tougher, maybe 8-8 isn't being too homerish.

Dolfan4life! said:
Thanks for the reminder and yes I do believe we will be a better team than last yearsteam. The schedule looks to be a little tougher, maybe 8-8 isn't being too homerish.

It will be hard to be worse

I bought the new Sporting news magazine and they predict us to be 8-8 and possibly making a push for the playoffs. They say that there should have been no reason we only won 4 games last year even after the Ricky thing. They pretty much blame the poor season on bad coaching, stating if we had a better coaching staff we would've won more.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I bought the new Sporting news magazine and they predict us to be 8-8 and possibly making a push for the playoffs. They say that there should have been no reason we only won 4 games last year even after the Ricky thing. They pretty much blame the poor season on bad coaching, stating if we had a better coaching staff we would've won more.
It looks like there's at least one publication out there that's being somewhat realistic.

We couldn't run, couldn't stop the run, and our starting QB averaged 5.32 yards per attempt with tons of stupid INTs obviously including the TD returns. That pretty much equals 4-12 on merit, not bad luck. The only significant area we were above average was pass defense and now that's iffy.

The NFL is incredibly even in talent level. It takes a uniquely incompetent team, like Arizona in road games in 2003, to get blown out game after game. Virtually any losing team can point to plenty of close losses. We've definitely reversed the trend and are on the talent acquisition upbeat. But not enough to immediately undo the talent disposal of the last few years, IMO.

FinsAreLife said:
so many of these threads, hurting my head!:blowup:

I was going to start a thread like this, but you are gonna have an membolism so I wont make 1.

I just believe that we've improved so much over last year and that no matter how horrible we were - we still shoulda been better than 4-12. Looking forward to sticken it to everyone predicted the fins to go 4-12, 3-13 and coming in last.

If u look at the game stats and the score closely, we never really got "blown out" Yes there were some blow outs here and there but most of the losses were decided by 1-2 touchdowns. Now since we have better coahing, maybe a more experiecned o-line, and two very talented RBs we should be a threat in the AFC East and possibly the AFC conference.

The D was on the field all game! That is why we lost the close ones. Now a team will need to score on a much fresher D that will not need to hod a team to 10 pts to win.

Horrible last wha?...don't know what you're talkin about buddy.

Go DOLPHINS '05!!!

The Dolphins at 4-12 are still better than the Bills,patsies,juts,vikes or cowgirls at 12-4!!

I would rather watch a bad Fins game than any of the others.

Schedule is much tougher this year, all things being said I think 7-9 this year with next year a playoff push.

Back
Top Bottom