Houck and Barron | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Houck and Barron

Shouright

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If we end up trading down to somewhere between 10 and 20 in the first round, I think it would be foolish to draft anyone other than Alex Barron. We hired Hudson Houck at nearly a million per year on a two-year contract -- let's get something OUT of the guy.

Let him develop a pro-bowl player at the most important position on the line. Houck may be here only two years, but he could create a pro-bowler at LT who lasts a decade or more.

Plus, assuming Ricky and Boston return, and we can draft a QB in the late 1st or 2nd, we'd have the makings of a completely revamped offense. Check the lineup:

QB -- Frerotte (for now -- maybe Frye or Campbell later on)
RB -- Ricky
WR -- Chambers
WR -- Booker
WR -- Boston
TE -- McMike
LT -- Barron
LG -- James
C -- Hadnot
RG -- Carey
RT -- McDougle

How ya like THAT?

mjwenz said:
Even without Barron...Houck has ALOT of work to do.
He turned a 7th round choice in Shane Olivea into an average starter at RT last year for the Chargers -- let's let him make us a PRO-BOWL LT here.

shouright said:
He turned a 7th round choice in Shane Olivea into an average starter at RT last year for the Chargers -- let's let him make us a PRO-BOWL LT here.

He has alot of guys he can work with...Carey for one.

shouright said:
If we end up trading down to somewhere between 10 and 20 in the first round, I think it would be foolish to draft anyone other than Alex Barron. We hired Hudson Houck at nearly a million per year on a two-year contract -- let's get something OUT of the guy.

Let him develop a pro-bowl player at the most important position on the line. Houck may be here only two years, but he could create a pro-bowler at LT who lasts a decade or more.

Plus, assuming Ricky and Boston return, and we can draft a QB in the late 1st or 2nd, we'd have the makings of a completely revamped offense. Check the lineup:

RB -- Ricky
WR -- Chambers
WR -- Booker
WR -- Boston
TE -- McMike
LT -- Barron
LG -- James
C -- Hadnot
RG -- Carey
RT -- McDougle

How ya like THAT?

Dude, me an you on the same wavelength. Hands down, the best player in the draft, and can be had for cheap, if cheap is around 10-12th pick. I consider that a steal. trade down with Chicago, then with Minnesota, and finally Dallas or SD, rather be Dallas, but hey, any two frist rounder and staying in the top 15. We make our first selection at 11th, and grab the BEST player in my opinion in the draft, STEAL, and still have two first rounders to go.

Now, that is a wet dream, but stranger things have happened. But, I would love it if it did.

If we are going for a QB outside the 1st i'd love to see Adrian McPherson.

touborg said:
If we are going for a QB outside the 1st i'd love to see Adrian McPherson.
I don't think a team is going to take him on day one, so our early 4th would be a good spot to take him if we're interested. Kinda like the spot we took Will Poole in last year.

RB -- Ricky
WR -- Chambers
WR -- Booker
WR -- Boston
TE -- McMike
LT -- Barron
LG -- James
C -- Hadnot
RG -- Carey
RT -- McDougle

How ya like THAT?
saban promised McIntosh that they wouldn't bring in a LT from the draft or Free Agency, it was part of the deal when he restructured.

Fortunately, Houck is here for at least 3 years, rather than 2. Landing Houck was one the best moves Saban made during his transition. Any player who remains on the OL and any young player drafted this year will get the benefit if his coaching.

After last year's fiasco, I'm looking forward to effective run blocking and pass protection this and for many more years.

dlphns8405 said:
saban promised McIntosh that they wouldn't bring in a LT from the draft or Free Agency, it was part of the deal when he restructured.
I thought it was JUST free agency.

i like alex barron.

with a little bit of good coaching he could be a dominant top tier LT.

I think you are on point with that call.. The only thing I dispute is how you hand the starting job to Frerotte already without watching one snap. Care for a gentlemen's bet on who will be the Find starting QB come opening day?

finsnchips said:
i like alex barron.

with a little bit of good coaching he could be a dominant top tier LT.
Well that's the deal. We take a guy with a big upside and max it out with a great coach.

SkapePhin said:
I think you are on point with that call.. The only thing I dispute is how you hand the starting job to Frerotte already without watching one snap. Care for a gentlemen's bet on who will be the Find starting QB come opening day?
With the way Feeley practices and with Frerotte's knowledge of the offense, I'll take that bet anyday. I'll even bet that Rosenfels ends up 2nd on the depth chart in Linehan's offense.

shouright said:
With the way Feeley practices and with Frerotte's knowledge of the offense, I'll take that bet anyday. I'll even bet that Rosenfels ends up 2nd on the depth chart in Linehan's offense.

HAHAHA! Ill definately take that bet.. You think Feeley will drop all the way to 3rd? What if we draft a QB? Will Feeley be cut in favor of Rosenfels?

Back
Top Bottom