Houston Dt Ed Oliver Draws A Look From Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Houston Dt Ed Oliver Draws A Look From Miami Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_11271909-e1550106796220.jpg

As he prepares for the NFL Draft, Houston’s Ed Oliver once again is hearing comparisons to the Rams’ Aaron Donald, which isn’t surprising because they’re both defensive tackles whose production belies their lack of size.

Rather than shy away from the comparisons, Oliver embraces them — to a point.

“His style of play is truly amazing, to see what he’s done at his size ... ,” said Oliver, who has drawn a look from the Dolphins. “And I feel I can do the same thing, if not better.”

Better? If those bold words are ever backed up on the NFL level, offensive linemen would have no problem pinpointing the source of their problems.

Blame it on an Oreo.

No, not Oreos, as in the cookies, but Oreo, Oliver’s horse.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...n-dt-ed-oliver-draws-look-from-miami-dolphins

I wouldn’t be unhappy if MIA ended up with this kid. If he ended up being a notch or two below Aaron Donald as a player, he’d still be darn good.

Seems like a good player, makes you wonder what defensive line scheme 3-4 or 4-3 and how often there in that scheme....would he make a good defensive end in 3-4 I would think so, that's what Donald does for the Ram's, also makes you wonder how he stacks up against Ferrell and Rashan Gary, Probably the 3 players Miami is looking at 13 if they don't trade down

Rashan Gary just feels like a consolation prize at 13. Like hey, all your targets are gone, but here’s this guy he’s a fit for you guys

I understand his strengths and his role at Michigan but I just feel extremely underwhelmed w/ him at 13. I would much rather trade back, or even pull the plug on an interior lineman at 13

I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver went top 5. Glad Miami is doing their homework on the top prospects, though. You never know what can happen in the coming days.

Rashan Gary just feels like a consolation prize at 13. Like hey, all your targets are gone, but here’s this guy he’s a fit for you guys

I understand his strengths and his role at Michigan but I just feel extremely underwhelmed w/ him at 13. I would much rather trade back, or even pull the plug on an interior lineman at 13

You’re in a minority. Nearly every mock ive seen has him in the top 6-8.
Consolation prize? That’s just plain silly

You’re in a minority. Nearly every mock ive seen has him in the top 6-8.
Consolation prize? That’s just plain silly
I understand that there is hype around him, personally I think he’s a back end of the first round talent.

I think you can do better at 13.

Seems like a good player, makes you wonder what defensive line scheme 3-4 or 4-3 and how often there in that scheme....would he make a good defensive end in 3-4 I would think so, that's what Donald does for the Ram's, also makes you wonder how he stacks up against Ferrell and Rashan Gary, Probably the 3 players Miami is looking at 13 if they don't trade down
He's a much better prospect and fit for us than the two you mentioned. I believe he'll be gone before our pick tho.

Tony Pauline has him 4th on his list of top 25, the spot right above Ed Oliver.

Daniel Jeremiah has him ranked 8 on his top 25

Bucky Brooks has him 3rd best DE

At 13 he is not a bad pick...

Players I like best for Miami at 13 are Ed Oliver at 3-4 DE and Brian Burns at 3-4 OLB on defense

Also like Ferrell and Allen at DE just not as much as the 2 above, but close, both have the production

Still looking - still changing my mind almost daily

Also not totally sold we shouldn't be working on the offensive line, getting it prepaired for QB in 2020 or 2021

I jump at the opportunity to draft Oliver. When healthy and not triple-teamed, he dominated. He's a twitchy guy who could be moved around in a multiple front.

Oliver is an exceptional talent who is begging to be put in a defense that moves him around, that is supposed to be what the Fins will be employing so he would be a run to the podium no brainer.

But he is going to go way higher than the media guys are saying, top 10 for sure maybe closer to top 5.

Back
Top Bottom