How about a new start-up page for the boards? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How about a new start-up page for the boards?

I missed the winking smiley - didn't even see it. Sorry Martel. I agree with P4E, although he makes a more eloquent argument about site design.

P4E said:
Seriously, in regard to this suggestion...

The philosophy that's driven the design of the front page here differs from the approach at the other site linked in this thread (ewnet.com). Their front page is very "site-centric"; -- they use a lot of prime space to focus on the mechanics of their site instead of the site's topic, electronic whatever. (I'm actually at a bit of a loss to say precisely what the site's about, because their front page is so caught-up in site mechanics as opposed to the topic area that's the very reason for their existence. Their raison d'etre (sp?), as the frogs would say.)

FinHeaven is a site centered on information about Dolphins football. Thus, we try to offer a visitor the most up-to-date info available on that subject right in front of them upon entry to the site. And we try not to let the front page get too busy beyond that.

The notion of getting more information about the TOS in front of the forum visitors (without being too imposing or distracting) is certainly a worthy suggestion, and it's actually something we've kicked around a lot among the staff. Maybe we should revisit that and see if some adjustments would make sense.

In any case, R.I., thanks for having the potential improvement of this site in your thoughts even as you're surfing elsewhere. It means you want the site to be as good as it can be, and the fact that we all share that objective is a sweet thing. Ain't it?:)

Hey P4E! Great explanation... Much appreciated :)

Anywho, I wasn't suggestiong that FinHeaven take the exact format or details of the entry page (to the message board NOT the home page, just to clarify) to the EWnet forums but more or less, for you guys/gals to finheavenicize it ;). I have the picture of it in my mind and I thought it would be cool and add more of a communial feel for the FinHeaven community.. :)

Criticism was welcomed guys, thanks :). I'll keep the suggestions comming! Maybe one will stick! :wink:

TerryTate said:
Who was being a dick?

No, come on, I was obviously being sarcastic. You guys were very cool and welcoming to the suggestion. Another reason why Finheaven is the best football site on the interweb!!

Another thing.... would you really want the shoutbox open and on the main page?

I know that when I sign on, the first thing I want to read is "I just farted" in the middle of the page. :lol:

Philter25 said:
Another thing.... would you really want the shoutbox open and on the main page?

I know that when I sign on, the first thing I want to read is "I just farted" in the middle of the page. :lol:

Amen to that...

The shoutbox isnt exactly our bread and butter ;)

I still don't completely understand the concept of a shoutbox.

RWhitney014 said:
I still don't completely understand the concept of a shoutbox.

I use it as a place to post things that don't deserve a thread.

byroan said:
I use it as a place to post things that don't deserve a thread.

Can you give us an example, or is "I just farted" as suggested by others about the speed of it?

P4E said:
We really only provide the suggestions forum as bait so we can catch the malcontents.;)

You haven't caught me yet!

Darn. Never mind. Next time, I won't boast so quickly. Doh.

:D

Back
Top Bottom