How about a new start-up page for the boards? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How about a new start-up page for the boards?

FIN-IN-RI

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I posed this question to WharfRat but I said what the heck I'll just post it here too..

I was thinking of making the start page for the board come up with the shout box in the middle of the page, announcements and TOS reminders above it and options for your user cp/pms, link to the mb on the left..

I dunno it's just something I saw on another site that i thought would be a really cool feature for this site.

Thoughts, criticisms?

What's the other site? I'd like to see what it would look like.

IMO that looks ugly. It's messy. Most importantly, it wouldn't fit with what we're trying to do on the forums.

But suggestions are always welcome. :)

I completely agree. It's too busy - finheaven is much cleaner and easier to navigate. But, like Muck said, we appreciate the suggestions, as always.

njfinfan said:
I completely agree. It's too busy - finheaven is much cleaner and easier to navigate. But, like Muck said, we appreciate the suggestions, as always.

EWNet is very easy to navigate and is just as clean looking as finheaven. All you have to do is click on Forum Listing to navigate through the various forums. ;)

No problem Fin. It just looks too busy and too hard to navigate to me. But thanks for the suggestion and keep them coming. We always value comments and suggestions from our members. :)

FiN.in.RI said:
EWNet is very easy to navigate. All you have to do is click on Forum Listing to navigate through the various forums. ;)

God you guys didn't have to be such dicks he was just making a suggestion! ;)

I thought we were very polite and welcoming. We encourage everyone to make suggestions to better improve this site.

I saw your winking smiley, Martel, so you're okay and we're calling back the hit team we dispatched to find you. But the fatwah against R.I. stands; -- anyone offering a suggestion is implicitly criticizing us and therefore must die.:D

We really only provide the suggestions forum as bait so we can catch the malcontents.;)

Seriously, in regard to this suggestion...

The philosophy that's driven the design of the front page here differs from the approach at the other site linked in this thread (ewnet.com). Their front page is very "site-centric"; -- they use a lot of prime space to focus on the mechanics of their site instead of the site's topic, electronic whatever. (I'm actually at a bit of a loss to say precisely what the site's about, because their front page is so caught-up in site mechanics as opposed to the topic area that's the very reason for their existence. Their raison d'etre (sp?), as the frogs would say.)

FinHeaven is a site centered on information about Dolphins football. Thus, we try to offer a visitor the most up-to-date info available on that subject right in front of them upon entry to the site. And we try not to let the front page get too busy beyond that.

The notion of getting more information about the TOS in front of the forum visitors (without being too imposing or distracting) is certainly a worthy suggestion, and it's actually something we've kicked around a lot among the staff. Maybe we should revisit that and see if some adjustments would make sense.

In any case, R.I., thanks for having the potential improvement of this site in your thoughts even as you're surfing elsewhere. It means you want the site to be as good as it can be, and the fact that we all share that objective is a sweet thing. Ain't it?:)

P4E said:
I saw your winking smiley, Martel, so you're okay and we're calling back the hit team we dispatched to find you. But the fatwah against R.I. stands; -- anyone offering a suggestion is implicitly criticizing us and therefore must die.:D

We really only provide the suggestions forum as bait so we can catch the malcontents.;)

You are one tough cookie. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom