How about getting TE David Martin back?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How about getting TE David Martin back??

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Martin is the only TE we had on the roster that was able to stretch the field and you see how dangerous he was 2 yrs ago.

-We should resign Martin and that would also help Fasano.

-Martin is better than Haynos and even OC Henning said publicly that Martin was a big reason the offense regressed as a whole last year.

Bring Him Back !!!

If he's healthy and we don't get someone in the draft, yes absolutely.

Took the words out of my mouth. I really liked Martin 2 years ago, but he looked pretty bad just one year before that. Had lots of drops and couldn't block for ****. That plus he is coming off an injury and he is gonna be 31 at the start of the season. I'm hoping for Scheffler as a possible target, also.

Man I remember that VERY athletic catch for a TD he had against the 49'ers during the 2008 season....... If only we had that guy last season..

Man I remember that VERY athletic catch for a TD he had against the 49'ers during the 2008 season....... If only we had that guy last season..

he made a few.. he scoops alot of passes..he was a reciever.. he was always open.. This offense needed him last year people forgot because he got hurt early... cobbs too though...I would say we would be better with him and peele and fasano than fasano and the other guy from dartmouth or monmouth whichever

You guys do need another TE... that would make the offense much more difficult to contain..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw7CM0FJPCs

I always liked him and I would love for him to be here next season. He's more of a receiving tight end (who can go up for those long passes) and Fasano is more of a blocking/short yardage tight end.

I believe if we had martin and cobbs this year we would have won more games.

Maybe if they were pro bowl defensive players
but when a team allows the third most points by a Dolphin team (390) in the past 40 years with only 1986 and 2007 worse...

you could have had God and Jesus playing on offense and we still would have lost our share of games with this defense

I am not sure about bring him back but we need someone to fill his rule from 08

Fasano took a step back and I believe the absence of a true #2 TE was the reason for Fasano decline

If there isn't a better option available, then I would be fine with it. That being said, I don't see him coming back.

Back
Top Bottom