How about this for our draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How about this for our draft?

TFK

Active Roster
Reaction score
Round 1 Pick 5 we take Tua. I'm confident we can get him without trading up, if not we get Herbert as our consolation prize. Either way we have our franchise QB.

We then trade picks 18, 56 and 70 to Arizona for pick 8. We draft Wirfs with that pick giving us our stud OT. Arizona has no second rounder and only 1 pick in the first 71, so I think they would swap their 1.8 for our 1.18, 2.56 and 3.70.

We then trade our 1.26 to KC for their 1.32, 3.96 and a 2021 6th round pick. I see KC drafting an RB (imagine that offense with an actual stud RB like Dobbins instead of that scrub Williams?). Then with 1.32 we take our franchise RB in Taylor, or Dobbins if KC passed on him.

At 2.39 Winfield Jr. should be available so we grab him to fill our hole at S.

I'd be thrilled with those 4 players in our first 2 rounds and we'd only be losing one pick overall this year and getting another one next year.

I think that is too high a price for Wirfs, I don't see him significantly above the other 3 Top OT's.

And if they settled for Herbert at 5 I would not feel confident that "we have our franchise QB".

I could see them moving up from 18(with #70) to 13-14 area and getting one of the OT's, maybe the last one.

SF is a possible trading partner unless they have their eye on a specific WR to help Jimmy G.

I agree about moving down from 26 to recoup any picks they trade away.Move into Round 2 and pick up a 3rd maybe.

If they trade the 3rd rounder they will have a run from #24 of Round 2 to #35 of Round 4 with no picks. That is an area of the Draft where you can find quality players and I do not want to do no business there.

They do have 3 5th's that should enable them to move up into Round 4 somewhere to target a specific player, like a RB maybe.

My preference is to come out of Round 1 with my QB and one of the Top 4 OT's.

But if the board goes another way I am open to taking another position at 18. I have seen mocks where guys like Kinlaw, Chiasson, McKinney are on the board at that spot.

I am not reaching for one of the 2nd tier OT's at 18.Grab the one you like at 26 or early 2nd and then target the position again in 2021.

Like Wirfs the least of the top 4.

Don’t want an RB in round 1, but especially not Taylor.

Like Winfield but prefer Ashtyn Davis.

Agree with pick #5. Also, like the trade down.

I wouldn't be disappointed. I'd prefer to hang onto picks, but they are there to be used. I'd rather get a sure thing OT if possible. It looks like right now the top four will be gone before pick #18. I would wait until 2 or 3 of those tackles are off the board and then trade up. I think the 49ers at #13 could be a nice trade partner. They need picks. Maybe #18 and #56 gets it done to move up five spots.

I would like one of the top tier left tackles. Wills and Wirfs played right tackle. Most feel they could move to left tackle. Still I'd rather have Thomas.

It is just that we have nothing between pick 70 and 141. So I really hate to give up 56 or 70. Problem is all the rest combined don't add up to much. I'm not sure I see the value in giving up those last eight picks to move up from 18 to maybe 15. There will be guys like punters, FB's, blocking TE's, and players with character issues and injuries in those rounds. In the end I think they add more than the difference between the "top 4 OT's" and Austin Jackson.

I could live with Jackson/Jones at left tackle and Wilson/Niang at right tackle. Especially if I could get them at 26 and 56. I can think of a lot of guys that I'd love to have at 18 and 39.

Back
Top Bottom