How About Trading That #46????.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How About Trading That #46????....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
Just curious, would anyone here think trading that #46 pick to Seattle for RB S. Alexander be a wise / solid trade???...

We need to draft a RB somewhere, and using the #46 on a rookie is risky. Why not draft WR B. Edwards at #2, and give the Hawks that #46 for RB S. Alexander???....

We all know the Hawks are looking to unload him, and they've even gone as far as saying they'll take a 2006 draft pick to get it done. I think Alexander would be a steal for a second rounder in 2005...

Too crazy???....Not a good idea???....What are your thoughts????

PHINZ RULE!!!

because we're better off drafting a runningback that would last alot longer. Plus part of Alexander's achievements are because of Seattle o-line. A great o-line will produce a great runningback.

Depends on what we think will happen in the first. I would say no way though. He will be too expensive. We can draft Arrington or Barber in the 2nd, and they will be younger and cheaper for the next 4-6 years. Hopefully they will be really good for us.

I'm all for trading that second...to go down a few picks so we can pick up an additional second day pick in the process. Look for us to do a fair bit of that kind of like last year.

So, we trade Surtain to get cap relief, then put ourselves in cap hell by trading for Alexander? Yeah, right!
Alexander was franchised by Seattle meaning he is guaranteed 6.3million for 2005. Thats more than we save by trading Pat, so as far as the cap goes, we would be going backwards.

yankeehillbilly said:
So, we trade Surtain to get cap relief, then put ourselves in cap hell by trading for Alexander? Yeah, right!
Alexander was franchised by Seattle meaning he is guaranteed 6.3million for 2005. Thats more than we save by trading Pat, so as far as the cap goes, we would be going backwards.

Maybe so, but you get what you pay for with a player as talented as Alexander. Why is "the cap" always such a problem when it comes to adding players???...There are so many wasy to juggle the cap, and work around it that it shouldn't even be a factor when it comes to players of SA's talent....

You want a great RB, you have to pay for it. There are no cheap PB players..

PHINZ RULE!!!

I Think We Should Keep The Pick And Keep Ourselves Out Of Cap Problems And Just Draft A Rb.go Phins

If we trade for him that guarantee of $6.3mil is gone. He gets what we agree with on him.

A very bad side of me says to trade the #2 for Edge or Alexander and then draft Smith at #2. Then we have QB and RB decided for over the next 4 years. Gordon is our long term backup RB, or we grab a RB next year or the following year (plenty of time to plan RB for the future fellas!!) 3rd round we then go WR or C depending if Wilkerson, Incognito, Carter are there.

Schleprock said:
If we trade for him that guarantee of $6.3mil is gone. He gets what we agree with on him.

A very bad side of me says to trade the #2 for Edge or Alexander and then draft Smith at #2. Then we have QB and RB decided for over the next 4 years. Gordon is our long term RB, or we grab a RB next year or the following year (plenty of time to plan RB for the future fellas!!) 3rd round we then go WR or C depending if Wilkerson, Incognito, Carter are there.

I don't get it... how could we trade the #2 for Edge or Alexander and than draft Smith? Unless you're meaning the second round pick, which I'll assume... the problem with that is there'd be NO CHANCE in hell we'd be able to afford Edge or Alexander AND Alex Smith. If we were able to, I'd be all for it... but the figures just don't click.

NLude33 said:
Depends on what we think will happen in the first. I would say no way though. He will be too expensive. We can draft Arrington or Barber in the 2nd, and they will be younger and cheaper for the next 4-6 years. Hopefully they will be really good for us.

I have to agree with this point. I like Shaun Alexander, but we're talking about essentially paying a first-round salary to a second-round pick. Not exactly value-oriented thinking.

Saban just held out a long time to get that 2nd rd pick. He isn't going to trade it for anything. Esp an expensive rb that will put us back at square 1 capwise.

yankeehillbilly said:

exactly...wed all love to have edge or alexander in a phins uni but lets not waste our time here

painnotpleasure said:
I don't get it... how could we trade the #2 for Edge or Alexander and than draft Smith? Unless you're meaning the second round pick, which I'll assume... the problem with that is there'd be NO CHANCE in hell we'd be able to afford Edge or Alexander AND Alex Smith. If we were able to, I'd be all for it... but the figures just don't click.
yes, I meant 2nd rounder for edge/Alexander. Too many number 2's around here!! LOL

And yes, we could afford it, only would have to pay a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th...which is peanuts.

Back
Top Bottom