How about Vanden Bosch? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How about Vanden Bosch?

IMissGadsden

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for the homerism, he is from my original hometown (Larchwood, IA) :)

Anyways, do you think he could fit in here? He's an extremely hard worker, and at the least could be a dang good backup, but I think he still has the potential to be a good starting DE.

It's on PFT right now, saying that he is most likely done with the Titans, but not ready to retire. (nor should he)

Thoughts?

No.. Merling is better than he is, langford is better than he is and starks is certainly better than he is.

Sorry for the homerism, he is from my original hometown (Larchwood, IA) :)

Anyways, do you think he could fit in here? He's an extremely hard worker, and at the least could be a dang good backup, but I think he still has the potential to be a good starting DE.

It's on PFT right now, saying that he is most likely done with the Titans, but not ready to retire. (nor should he)

Thoughts?
I do believe in Sparano saying that the 'Phins will "turn over every rock"....so,we'll see...

Lol... I'm from Larchwood too and was hoping the exact same thing. I went to football camps with Kyle and Levar Woods at West Lyon. Unfortunately one of the posters above was correct, he is a 4-3 end strictly. I wouldn't say that Merling is better then him because I'm really not too impressed with Merling but Kyle isn't athletic enough to be an outside linebacker or big enough to be a 3-4 end. But he is exactly the player this regime likes but not in this scheme.

Lol... I'm from Larchwood too and was hoping the exact same thing. I went to football camps with Kyle and Levar Woods at West Lyon. Unfortunately one of the posters above was correct, he is a 4-3 end strictly. I wouldn't say that Merling is better then him because I'm really not too impressed with Merling but Kyle isn't athletic enough to be an outside linebacker or big enough to be a 3-4 end. But he is exactly the player this regime likes but not in this scheme.

given age, from a statistical productivity standpoint, Merling is better.. Merlings stats are just about the same while he was only a part time player whereas Vandenbosch was a starter

Nice to see you 2 Larchwood guys on here. I am not far from you in Ireton. Anyway, Vanden Bosch wouldn't be an Ideal Fit in a 3-4. He would have to transition into being an end in the 3-4 because I don't believe he is quick enough to be an OLB. He could be used as a situational pass rusher from the End Spot though IMO! He has a motor that won't quit and does have the strength to play inside IMO. While I highly doubt we look at him, it would be cool to see a hometown boy in the Teal and Orange!

I would love to see him here if nothing more than a rotaton guy. He is a Good DE. Has made the Pro bowl past few years. I know its a joke but still.

Wow. I'm truly surprised there is someone else from Larchwood here too. A town of about 700 in extreme northwest Iowa. That is cool. Yeah, I went to LeVar Woods and Kyle VandenBosch's camps too....good ol' Jay Rozeboom and Paul Kippley were coaching back then.

Metal Dolfan----you still in Larchwood or gone other places?

You're talking about a 4-3 end like he fits as a 3-4 end....

no he is terrible. i watch a lot of titans games during commercials and different time slots and he had no business in the pro bowl this year. he is garbage

Back
Top Bottom