How Are The Coaches Selected For The Senior Bowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Are The Coaches Selected For The Senior Bowl?

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how a coach/staff is chosen for the Senior Bowl? It seems as though it would be a desireable job since not only do you get to see them playing up close like the other scouts do, but you get to see their work ethic, personalities, their coachability, etc etc.

I think the two teams with the worst record that year get represented. They can also decline though I think. Actually I think it's worst of AFC vs worst of NFC or something like that.....maybe Im wrong.

Oakland didnt have a staff in place. Detroit....not sure why they would decline. But I know Tampa was like the 3rd worst and Gruden got the game. I dont even remember who coached the other team.

Someone explain, Im confusing myself.

I think the two teams with the worst record that year get represented. They can also decline though I think. Actually I think it's worst of AFC vs worst of NFC or something like that.....maybe Im wrong.

Oakland didnt have a staff in place. Detroit....not sure why they would decline. But I know Tampa was like the 3rd worst and Gruden got the game. I dont even remember who coached the other team.

Someone explain, Im confusing myself.

I was also thinking it was the teams with the worst records, but then Detroit shoulda been there. Although they probably didn't even bother sending the entire staff, they don't need to "waste their time" since they already know they are taking Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn Jr., Or Dwayne Jarrett :lol:

Back
Top Bottom