How are we going to sign..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How are we going to sign.....

I would have to disagree there I don't think Fiedler's 3rd year is overpaid simply because if by then he hasn't shown himself to be worth that 3rd year, we would want to cut him and make way for the next QB anyway no matter how much he was slated to make in his 3rd year. His 4th and 5th year numbers are pretty bad, but the 3rd year only starts to make him paid about what a "pretty good not great" QB should be making.

Ricky Williams will be charging us some BANK next year you can count on that especially since he's being a good sport and putting up with his horrible contract for the Phins for this season.

I see us cutting Tim Ruddy most definitely, Daryl Gardener most definitely, POSSIBLY Tim Bowens....its hard to say. MAYBE Derrick Rodgers (seems out of the blue but it'll be I think like his 3rd year of that deal he signed and his cap figure might be a bit inflated).

Remember OG becomes a free agent so we get some relief there not having to pay him anymore.

I wouldn't say the "plan" was to have Fletch take over for Madison because thats not true. If he's gonna take over for a player like Madison he's got to earn it cuz they won't do it unless they are comfortable that he will be just as good or close. The spent the first round pick on him because of the possibility of him doing that though, which gives them all kinds of leeway in contract negotiations, trade-bait, salary cap relief, etc. I dont think Sam will be cut next year.

I'll say the following get cut: Ruddy (McKinney), DG (sign a FA), Bowens (draft a 1st rounder), Rodgers (pull a Morlon in the draft), and Brock Marion (if he's slipped some).

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I'll say the following get cut: Ruddy (McKinney), DG (sign a FA), Bowens (draft a 1st rounder), Rodgers (pull a Morlon in the draft), and Brock Marion (if he's slipped some).

God I hate having to repeat this. Bowens just signed a 5 year $15 million with a $3 million signing bonus this offseason. We would NOT save any money cutting Bowens next year as his base salary is lower then the signing bonus hit. We would actually go deeper into the hole. Bowens agent made sure he constructed a contract that would keep Bowens here till he was at least old enough to consider retirement.

ie: Bowens base salary this year is $650,000. Next year it's $850,000. If we were to wait as deep as June 1st even we would be looking at a cap hit of $1.2 million (3million signing bonus divide by 5 years = $600000 a year. June 1st cut in 2003 would split 4 years of remaining signing bonus over 2 years hence 1.2 million) which is higher then his salary.

Ruddy I agree with if Seth McKinney develops nicely. DG I agree with just because of the health factor and of all the positions we are paying big money to his is the least important. Rodgers I see being cut because we could save his 2.1 million and 2.5 million salaries over that period without much of a signing bonus hit. Be interesting to see how the weakside linebacker spot plays out (any guesses to whose contracts are up next year for linebackers?). Brock I see finishing his career here. Wanny loves the guy and only money could get in the way of that. I believe that will happen in 2004 because Brock is up for roster bonuses of $500,000 each year from 2004-2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off I would like to say that Sam Madison is the better cover corner but slightly.All around Surtain is the better Conerback(Yeah he is believe or not!! Even Mad Dog said he last season.).Last year an article from herald caught my attention about cutting Sam Madison....Is a real possibility if he doesn't restructure his contract...Why do you think was the real rason why phins drafted Fletcher? So he can play Nickel for the next 5 years?No.....but slow development of surtain migght push Phins plans another year .....

-Bowens is not going anywhere with that new contract he signed like Va pointed out...

-Gardner situation is difficult to predict because is mostly based on rumors because I don't know if any of you read it but there an article that Herald saying that DG and Wanny had differences in the past but they have more respect for one another...The more you think about it(at least for me)...The more it make sense to cut him next offseason....He has a long history of chronic back problems and now he is a "cancer in the locker room" according to rumors...

-Ruddy might be cut but it all depends how dolphins feel about the rest of their Oline...If Ruddy has a solid season;The odd man out will be Perry...Seth might be looking at playing guard for his first couple seasons....Perry will be gone next year either way...

-Derick Rodgers in on the bubble because for his dissapointing season.Although he finish the season with 80 something tackles(I'm too lazy to look it up) and might have finish with 90 something if he would had stay healthy...If you think about it with Zac in the middle getting 90 tackles is not that bad?If rodgers doesn't improve from last season ;He will basicly have to options restructure or get cut....

-Gadsen probably won't be in Miami next year unless he takes a pay cut from his 1.25 ....I don't think Miami wont offer any thing more than minimum to resign...He will be in another Team uniform most likely....

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as we have...

Williams, Chambers, Taylor, Surtain, and Madison, this team will be very tough to beat.

Need more than those people to make a tough team.

As long as we have Madison, Surtain, Thomas, Taylor, Williams, Fiedler, and Chambers, we will be tough to beat.

No Fiedler was our offense last year.

If Lucas was out there we would have been 8-8 probably.

If Jay gets a serious injury, we're screwed.

you have to be kinding me dolfan984 u are totaly in love w/jay... i hate to break it to u he isnt as good as u think.. and after this season he will be gone... if fiedler goes down it wont be as big of a lose as u think..... o and if u think he had a above average year last year ur wrong....maby in yards and a little more tds then 2 years ago but... his one problem that u cant have.... INT like he has

That post made no sense bro. He had a below average year because of the amount of INTS? Explain to me Peyton Manning last season. Or Kurt Warner the year before that? Are they below average QBs? Last I saw, they were the franchie QBs of the top 2 offenses in the NFL.

Also, trust me here, he will not be gone next year. Unless he throws 30 INTs and 5 TDs, he'll be the QB here for atleast the next 2 seasons. Your thoughts are always welcome here, but do yourself a favor. Look up these statistics before you post. You make yourself look a lot less intelligent than you actually are when you do that.

fiedlers our qb now wether u like it or not. he aint goin anywhere this year so sit back and cheer on our dolphins and hope for the best. our team has its weak points and one of those weak points is us, the fans. We have been spoiled with playoff appearance after playoff appearance, yet the playoffs cant be shown cuz there wasnt enough tix sold by the deadline!!!!!! We need to start backing up our team full time all the time no matter whos on the team. If u dont like fiedler and u think hes goin to fall flat on his face, thats fine but u got to still cheer him on hes our qb. i dont really like fiedler, but who else was there? hes here for 1 maybe 2 more years so we gotta cheer him on.

Originally posted by dolphinators13
you have to be kinding me dolfan984 u are totaly in love w/jay... i hate to break it to u he isnt as good as u think.. and after this season he will be gone... if fiedler goes down it wont be as big of a lose as u think..... o and if u think he had a above average year last year ur wrong....maby in yards and a little more tds then 2 years ago but... his one problem that u cant have.... INT like he has

You want to rag on Fiedler constantly....yet you put Mr. "I'm gonna be good someday" Konrad up there as your avatar and call him a STUD?????

Are you complete idiot or do you still have classes to take?

No....wait....you are a twelve year old girl aren't you?

bmarino31.. what stats do i have to check..? yes manning had a below average year last year. fiedler is totaly different from manning... did manning throw that many ints the year before???? no he didnt. he just had a off year he hasnt had bad years his whole time in the nfl.... PLUS manning didnt have A LOT of ints the year before do u no why....... beacuse manning is a good Qb if jay was a good qb he would lower the Int NOT HIGHER THEM from 14 his first year to 19 his second good qbs dont turn over the ball that much which is what i am saying.. JAY is not a good qb

Originally posted by dolphinators13
no 15 male ***.......

Then I was right.....since girls mature faster, you are LIKE a 12 year old girl.

Back
Top Bottom