How bout | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How bout

Dors156

He's Backkkkk
Reaction score
vernon davis at the combine.he is a monster.a 4.3 40:eek:he is a complete tight end and whoever gets him will be in good shape for many years to come

Davis is a freak of a football player. Not only did he do a 4.38 40 but he hold many of the strength records for the Maryland football team. My only knock on him is that he needs to improve his blocking. When he does that, he could be a faster version of Shannon Sharpe...without the mouth.

If we did not have McMichael than I would say draft him. Vernon Davis would be rookie of the year if he went to the colts. They love two TE sets.

chris84chambers said:
i think he will be gone when colts are picking

Yeah I know he will be gone long before the colts think about picking. I just think he would be an instant star with them.

We have a better TE in McMichael. But who ever gets him will have one big fast target

playmaker1 said:
We have a better TE in McMichael. But who ever gets him will have one big fast target
Why can't we have 2? Both of these guys could set out wide if they needed too. It won't happen, because he won't be there at 16, but He would be a great addition for us.

Vernon Davis is one of those freak of nature athletes that you don't get a chance to draft very often. Runs 4.38 40, Benches near 500 lbs, and can squat just shy of 700. Height is a true 6'3" from what I have read, which is a bit short for TE, but would be same height as Randy McMichael. Looks like he weighs in around 250 which is also similar to Randy. His ability to block is really the only knock on this guy, but he is a recieving TE.

Vernon can run routes better then most WR and can produce good yac yardage. If ya watched him play some at Maryland this man is a beast to tackle and usually can shed a tackle and pick up some good yards.

Needless to say I think Vernon is one of the few guys that ya can't miss on. He will produce his rookie year and be an impact for whatever team drafts him. LBs will not be able to cover this guy and CBs will have a hard time tackling him.

If he is there at 16 I would draft him before the first tick came off the clock. I know that TE isn't a big need for this team but you don't pass up talent like this. Needless to say he will not be there, but if anyone thinks we will pass on this guy if he did fall to 16 is insane.

Back
Top Bottom