How can the Dolphins rebuild the OL to be ready for 2021? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How can the Dolphins rebuild the OL to be ready for 2021?

If we are just relying on draft picks,I don’t see how that is possible. Grier has proven to be incapable of drafting starters for the OL outside of the first round. Even last year when he had full control, his Dieter pick has looked bad.

the Dolphins have been unable to develop a solid OL since Sparano. More than a decade now. It will be a tough task to rebuild one that is competent in just 2 years IMO.

The mentality on what type of linemen changed from maulers to cup cakes

Clone Richmond Webb, Larry Little, Dwight Stephenson, Keith Sims and Vernon Carey(?)...Get the best RT the Dolphins have ever seen, right after we draft Tua.

Really??? We’ve seen teams who are bottom dwellers make the playoffs in a year turnaround. Even challenge for the SB.

Now we’re not making the SB next hear but I fail how to see this is impossible. We have draft picks and we have money. And if Flores hires the right coaches it can surely be done within one year never mind 2021.

I know we’ve been snake bitten and had coaches the last 10 years who ignored the position but sooner or later the worm turns. Just need a little focus is all.

It’s terrible at this moment but I have an open mind with Flores, Grier and company.

I think the success of the oline hinges on the strength of the coaching staff. I don't see us bringing in any high profile free agents. So ideally we would be coaching up draft picks.

A lot will depend on whether we trade up or not. If we stand pat, we could get that oline humming rather quickly just by drafting the right guys. We could easily land a starter in each of the first 3 rounds and have picks left over.

I'd certainly think our oline would be very good by 2021, and possibly sooner:)

But that will all depend on whether we can identify the right talent and how well our new oline coach can get them working as a unit.

Gosh I hope you're wrong there. Jack Conklin (25). Brandan Scherff (28). They'll be out there and we have the money. Draft oline in the first and another early second day. We might see a solid turn around or at least solid enough to not re-traumatize Rosen or ruin a rookie.

Gosh I hope you're wrong there. Jack Conklin (25). Brandan Scherff (28). They'll be out there and we have the money. Draft oline in the first and another early second day. We might see a solid turn around or at least solid enough to not re-traumatize Rosen or ruin a rookie.
I doubt any rookie sees anything other than garbage time next year.

Jack Conklin $$$$ but considered the best RT in the league.
and Thuney
And the big point in your post We have plenty of money.
Maybe Biadasz 2 rd. LT at pk 18 Love Josh Jones (even move up a little for).... Damn thats unreal but very very possible....

Well by either sucking not a great plan, really trading up to get one.
So let me get this straight, we have a bare bones roster and go 5-11. We are going to add more talented players this year, do you see a massive regression? And then the other side of that, you think it is going to be easier to trade up next year, from a probable further away spot for 2 highly rated qbs? That will prob be healthy (risky assumption eh)

god damn. delusional

Jack Conklin $$$$ but considered the best RT in the league.
and Thuney
And the big point in your post We have plenty of money.
Maybe Biadasz 2 rd. LT at pk 18 Love Josh Jones (even move up a little for).... Damn thats unreal but very very possible....
But Conklin isnt the best pass blocker which makes me weary

But Conklin isnt the best pass blocker which makes me weary

Well IMO he's the best RT who's possibly attainable.
If you see one better, Don't think I'd have any problem at all and if truly better he'd probably be even cheaper than Conklin which would be an added bonus IMO, just don't see one.. Just would like a force at RT especially if they do the Tua thing.

I cant defend Grier, but I cant condemn him either. Dieter is one pick, and while he isnt an all pro, he got better as the season went on. Prince was a late round pick.

But the oline is less about having studs and more about performing as a unit. Its all about scheme and execution. Coaching is why the pats can make nobodies look like all-pros.

It can be turned around quickly and without breaking the bank, but only if we have the right coaches.
Flores must find his own style of coaching.. following BB is not going work for Flores.. he will find himself fired... get best Ol u can get for team...

I respectfully disagree. We have a top 5 pick now, we don't know when we'll be in this position again. The time is now to be aggressive and move up for a top QB. Trading down and accumulating picks sounds great but it's useless if you don't have a franchise QB. I think waiting for the second round to pick our QB of the future would be a mistake. Yes, fixing the OL and our pass rush is important, but the QB position needs to be our #1 priority in the draft.
We have 2 yr find qb that fit what we are doing.. if we can build ol and dl

Say we draft a QB in 2020 with the intention of sitting them for the year and have him debut with a solid OL in 2021. How would you approach rebuilding the line?

which players would you focus on in FA 2020 and 2021. Which rounds would you devote to drafting OL, and which players would you target?

is it even possible to completely rebuild the line in just 2 odd seasons considering we are starting from absolute scratch?
Sign thuney and scherif and draft 2 oline man

Jesse Davis potentially protecting Tua’s blindside is a gamble I’m not willing to take. We’re talking about PFF’s 63rd rated tackle (of 81).

Back
Top Bottom