How Can We Pass On RB R. Brown????

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
6,915
Reaction score
11
Location
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I've been seeing more and more highlights of this kid lately, and after picking my jaw up off the floor, I must say there is no way we can afford to pass up this kid. He's a BEAST. He'd instantly upgrade our offense with his size, power, and speed. I'm convinced he's the perfect solution....

All of these other draft senarios are very interesting, I like all of our options, but RB R. Brown is without question the way to go IMO.

Trading down would cost us a better pick, and drafting a QB would take a year of grooming. The top WR B. Edwards would aslo be a great choice, but we're pretty solid at that position already. RB has a gaping hole, and Brown would fill it immediately....

PHINZ RULE!!!!
 

CitizenSnips

Ready for Henne.
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
6,921
Reaction score
1
Age
31
Draft speculation is pointless. But that hasn't stopped me. I'd Love Ronnie Brown, but i'd prolly love whoever we pick so it doesn't matter all that much to me.
 

RHoffman

DOB: Get my Ring!
Joined
Nov 23, 2001
Messages
3,571
Reaction score
2
Location
Warminster, PA
I think the world of Ronnie Brown...

you don't take running backs at #2...especially when his name is not Adrian Peterson
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,049
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Location
England
Saban4prez said:
Draft speculation is pointless. But that hasn't stopped me. I'd Love Ronnie Brown, but i'd prolly love whoever we pick so it doesn't matter all that much to me.
yup
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
#2 is to high to take any og these Rb's. Dont get me wrong, but i would love to take a RB with the #2 pick. Saban and Lienhan both dont want to have a RB that carries the load by himself. It is becoming clear that Saban will trade down, but for it to work the 49ers would have to pass on Edwards. So i think when draft day comes by th Chargers will trade both 1st rounder to us for #2 pick.
 

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
6,915
Reaction score
11
Location
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I can't stand all of these "that's too high" senarios. I just don't get it....

Too high for what??....To get a KICK*** player???...

This is crazyness to me. If we want the best RB this draft has to offer, trading down will practically destroy our chances of that happening. Who's going to trade with us anway?? Right now, nobody seems to be wanting trade up at all....

Why can't we get a 2nd rounder for Surtain???...People can't be serious when they say he's only worth a 4th. That's nonsense. He's one of the best DB's in the game!!! I'm shocked we've been unable to unload him for a better offer than a fourth, that's an insult...

PHINZ RULE!!!
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
If we cant trade down then Saban will prob go after either Brown or Smith.
 

His Dudeness

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
719
Reaction score
0
the whole rule of you dont do this at this pick blah blah.... thats the dumbest thing i ever heard. it differs with every situation. it depends on the quality of player, the teams needs. and both of those seem to be pretty big...

the most logical thing for us to do is take a runningback, and most likely it will be ronnie brown, assuming we stay at 2. I wouldn't be upset with Edwards.
 

JHWAUEX

Rookie
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Age
38
BLITZKRIEG said:
I've been seeing more and more highlights of this kid lately, and after picking my jaw up off the floor, I must say there is no way we can afford to pass up this kid. He's a BEAST. He'd instantly upgrade our offense with his size, power, and speed. I'm convinced he's the perfect solution....

All of these other draft senarios are very interesting, I like all of our options, but RB R. Brown is without question the way to go IMO.

Trading down would cost us a better pick, and drafting a QB would take a year of grooming. The top WR B. Edwards would aslo be a great choice, but we're pretty solid at that position already. RB has a gaping hole, and Brown would fill it immediately....

PHINZ RULE!!!!
AMEN my friend! :D

It might interest y'all to know that Saban and Co. are at Auburn's campus right now working out Ronnie, Cadillac, Jay Ratliff, and Bret Eddins.
 

arsenal

Beastin'
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
8,477
Reaction score
12
Location
Commack, NY
His Dudeness said:
the whole rule of you dont do this at this pick blah blah.... thats the dumbest thing i ever heard. it differs with every situation. it depends on the quality of player, the teams needs. and both of those seem to be pretty big...

the most logical thing for us to do is take a runningback, and most likely it will be ronnie brown, assuming we stay at 2. I wouldn't be upset with Edwards.
yes im so sick of people who are like you dont take a RB with that high of a pick, so what are we allowed to take? why can we take a WR?... they make it like only a QB is worth a top 5 pick or something, or only a so called "position of importance" yet last season you had a safety go 5 and a TE go 6... go figure...
 

rafael

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Aug 29, 2002
Messages
6,248
Reaction score
0
Location
Sparks, NV
BLITZKRIEG said:
I can't stand all of these "that's too high" senarios. I just don't get it....

Too high for what??....To get a KICK*** player???...

This is crazyness to me. If we want the best RB this draft has to offer, trading down will practically destroy our chances of that happening. Who's going to trade with us anway?? Right now, nobody seems to be wanting trade up at all....

Why can't we get a 2nd rounder for Surtain???...People can't be serious when they say he's only worth a 4th. That's nonsense. He's one of the best DB's in the game!!! I'm shocked we've been unable to unload him for a better offer than a fourth, that's an insult...

PHINZ RULE!!!
The reason is it destroys your salary cap. It means you have to sacrifice other positions. Some positions require more money to sign. If you've used up the cash you end up with subpar players at other positions. What do you want to sacrifice?
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
arsenal said:
yes im so sick of people who are like you dont take a RB with that high of a pick, so what are we allowed to take? why can we take a WR?... they make it like only a QB is worth a top 5 pick or something, or only a so called "position of importance" yet last season you had a safety go 5 and a TE go 6... go figure...

A QB and WR is what you take with the #2 pick. I wouldnt care a bit to take Brown with the 2nd pick, but it is too high for him.
 

rafael

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Aug 29, 2002
Messages
6,248
Reaction score
0
Location
Sparks, NV
arsenal said:
yes im so sick of people who are like you dont take a RB with that high of a pick, so what are we allowed to take? why can we take a WR?... they make it like only a QB is worth a top 5 pick or something, or only a so called "position of importance" yet last season you had a safety go 5 and a TE go 6... go figure...
The exception to the rule is that if the player at a less valuable position is so special you take him. You pretty much have believe that this guy will be one of the two or three best players at his position (In the league). S fell in that category last year. As much as I like Brown, I'm not sure I expect him to be the next LT.
 
Top Bottom