How Can We Pass On RB R. Brown???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Can We Pass On RB R. Brown????

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I've been seeing more and more highlights of this kid lately, and after picking my jaw up off the floor, I must say there is no way we can afford to pass up this kid. He's a BEAST. He'd instantly upgrade our offense with his size, power, and speed. I'm convinced he's the perfect solution....

All of these other draft senarios are very interesting, I like all of our options, but RB R. Brown is without question the way to go IMO.

Trading down would cost us a better pick, and drafting a QB would take a year of grooming. The top WR B. Edwards would aslo be a great choice, but we're pretty solid at that position already. RB has a gaping hole, and Brown would fill it immediately....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Draft speculation is pointless. But that hasn't stopped me. I'd Love Ronnie Brown, but i'd prolly love whoever we pick so it doesn't matter all that much to me.

I think the world of Ronnie Brown...

you don't take running backs at #2...especially when his name is not Adrian Peterson

Saban4prez said:
Draft speculation is pointless. But that hasn't stopped me. I'd Love Ronnie Brown, but i'd prolly love whoever we pick so it doesn't matter all that much to me.
yup

#2 is to high to take any og these Rb's. Dont get me wrong, but i would love to take a RB with the #2 pick. Saban and Lienhan both dont want to have a RB that carries the load by himself. It is becoming clear that Saban will trade down, but for it to work the 49ers would have to pass on Edwards. So i think when draft day comes by th Chargers will trade both 1st rounder to us for #2 pick.

I can't stand all of these "that's too high" senarios. I just don't get it....

Too high for what??....To get a KICK*** player???...

This is crazyness to me. If we want the best RB this draft has to offer, trading down will practically destroy our chances of that happening. Who's going to trade with us anway?? Right now, nobody seems to be wanting trade up at all....

Why can't we get a 2nd rounder for Surtain???...People can't be serious when they say he's only worth a 4th. That's nonsense. He's one of the best DB's in the game!!! I'm shocked we've been unable to unload him for a better offer than a fourth, that's an insult...

PHINZ RULE!!!

If we cant trade down then Saban will prob go after either Brown or Smith.

the whole rule of you dont do this at this pick blah blah.... thats the dumbest thing i ever heard. it differs with every situation. it depends on the quality of player, the teams needs. and both of those seem to be pretty big...

the most logical thing for us to do is take a runningback, and most likely it will be ronnie brown, assuming we stay at 2. I wouldn't be upset with Edwards.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I've been seeing more and more highlights of this kid lately, and after picking my jaw up off the floor, I must say there is no way we can afford to pass up this kid. He's a BEAST. He'd instantly upgrade our offense with his size, power, and speed. I'm convinced he's the perfect solution....

All of these other draft senarios are very interesting, I like all of our options, but RB R. Brown is without question the way to go IMO.

Trading down would cost us a better pick, and drafting a QB would take a year of grooming. The top WR B. Edwards would aslo be a great choice, but we're pretty solid at that position already. RB has a gaping hole, and Brown would fill it immediately....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

AMEN my friend! :D

It might interest y'all to know that Saban and Co. are at Auburn's campus right now working out Ronnie, Cadillac, Jay Ratliff, and Bret Eddins.

His Dudeness said:
the whole rule of you dont do this at this pick blah blah.... thats the dumbest thing i ever heard. it differs with every situation. it depends on the quality of player, the teams needs. and both of those seem to be pretty big...

the most logical thing for us to do is take a runningback, and most likely it will be ronnie brown, assuming we stay at 2. I wouldn't be upset with Edwards.

yes im so sick of people who are like you dont take a RB with that high of a pick, so what are we allowed to take? why can we take a WR?... they make it like only a QB is worth a top 5 pick or something, or only a so called "position of importance" yet last season you had a safety go 5 and a TE go 6... go figure...

BLITZKRIEG said:
I can't stand all of these "that's too high" senarios. I just don't get it....

Too high for what??....To get a KICK*** player???...

This is crazyness to me. If we want the best RB this draft has to offer, trading down will practically destroy our chances of that happening. Who's going to trade with us anway?? Right now, nobody seems to be wanting trade up at all....

Why can't we get a 2nd rounder for Surtain???...People can't be serious when they say he's only worth a 4th. That's nonsense. He's one of the best DB's in the game!!! I'm shocked we've been unable to unload him for a better offer than a fourth, that's an insult...

PHINZ RULE!!!

The reason is it destroys your salary cap. It means you have to sacrifice other positions. Some positions require more money to sign. If you've used up the cash you end up with subpar players at other positions. What do you want to sacrifice?

arsenal said:
yes im so sick of people who are like you dont take a RB with that high of a pick, so what are we allowed to take? why can we take a WR?... they make it like only a QB is worth a top 5 pick or something, or only a so called "position of importance" yet last season you had a safety go 5 and a TE go 6... go figure...

A QB and WR is what you take with the #2 pick. I wouldnt care a bit to take Brown with the 2nd pick, but it is too high for him.

arsenal said:

The exception to the rule is that if the player at a less valuable position is so special you take him. You pretty much have believe that this guy will be one of the two or three best players at his position (In the league). S fell in that category last year. As much as I like Brown, I'm not sure I expect him to be the next LT.

Back
Top Bottom