Votes: 8 6.8%
  • A fringe playoff team

Votes: 51 43.2%
  • Still building. A few players away.

Votes: 40 33.9%
  • A pretender, not a contender

Votes: 19 16.1%

• Total voters
This is my main argument for Tannehill, most are right when saying he's very average, but alot of people seriously over estimate their odds of being able to upgrade over consistant average QB play. There's always a QB somewhere having a great season out of nowhere, that guy always becomes the benchmark, LOOK! even that guy is better than Tannehill... Problem is THAT guy almost always reverts back to bad, and then we just switch to next guy having that surprising season.... The benchmark is never the same player...

Should be easy to replace Tannehill with [2015 Carson Palmer/2016 Dak Prescott/2017 Case Keenum/2018 Ryan Fitzpatrick] right?

With that being said, It's time to start looking for possible upgrades as the team is solid enough that you can spend high end resources into the QB position. You keep Tannehill as your starter until you find what you're looking for in the draft.

So level headed. It's too bad the people you're conversing with probably won't adjust their thinking after reading your post.

If and when the Dolphins think that they're just a QB upgrade away from putting it all together, there's no reason to think they couldn't do what the Eagles did (trading away multiple future picks) to go get their QB. It just happened to work out for them (having Carson Wentz and Nick Foles) and luckily Foles was able to win that superbowl for them. I can't imagine the long term turmoil and damage done to that franchise if Wentz wasn't panning out for them. So there's a formula that fits these Dolphins, bundle up a bunch of your picks (multiple 1st rounders) and know exactly who you intend to draft.

Only problem I see is that this team had better have solved it's o-line depth issues before sinking that kind of investment on one QB. Have a plan in place for that new QB.

For the record, I haven't totally given up on Ryan Tannehill. It's just that these guys have never had a good plan for him. There was zero preparation with the line or the receivers. He literally came in and took chicken **** and somehow whipped up very average chicken salad sandwiches. Almost magic.

You cant go far into the playoffs with this Oline and that's if we even make it.

If the Oline plays every week like it did last week, these guys will hang with anyone. If the Oline does its part AND the rest of the offense gets down to business, they will put a lot of opponents away.

Now, what are the chances that they will actually do this? Zero. Expect a repeating cycle of frustration labeled as parity.

from 2008-2018 the dolphins look the same. we still need qb. we are bored line playoff time. ol need be better but we still can make playoff with there play. from now until end of season we have 50/50 chance winning game except N.E. at end of day we are not bad but we are not great teams 7 to 10 win team all depend on how ball bounce. Ross will sell ticket.

With the injuries we’re a pretender. With everyone healthy we’re a fringe playoff team. Not going to play the “if” we have a QB we........ game. We don’t and until they get consistently solid QB play this is not going to be a super bowl contending team. Doesn’t need to be an elite QB (though it would be nice) but it has to be better and more consistent then what we’re getting.

So level headed. It's too bad the people you're conversing with probably won't adjust their thinking after reading your post.

If and when the Dolphins think that they're just a QB upgrade away from putting it all together, there's no reason to think they couldn't do what the Eagles did (trading away multiple future picks) to go get their QB. It just happened to work out for them (having Carson Wentz and Nick Foles) and luckily Foles was able to win that superbowl for them. I can't imagine the long term turmoil and damage done to that franchise if Wentz wasn't panning out for them. So there's a formula that fits these Dolphins, bundle up a bunch of your picks (multiple 1st rounders) and know exactly who you intend to draft.

Only problem I see is that this team had better have solved it's o-line depth issues before sinking that kind of investment on one QB. Have a plan in place for that new QB.

For the record, I haven't totally given up on Ryan Tannehill. It's just that these guys have never had a good plan for him. There was zero preparation with the line or the receivers. He literally came in and took chicken **** and somehow whipped up very average chicken salad sandwiches. Almost magic.

After realizing a few years ago we will never see another Dan Marino think that giving up that much (multiple 1st rd's) probably not the wisest of decision unless the odds of that qb draftee were beyond astronomical. Think the Fins need those #1 picks used properly.

Think there will be opportunities to pick up a so called good one in FA in the offseason ( ya not a Marino) and yes probably not a top level but one who can be much more consistent and more dependable than the crap shot we've gotten for the last decade.

Hopefully our FO will vacation in OZ and given a diploma by the Wizard showing they have a brain and can see the wisdom of getting this done as a priority in the offseason. But sadly have gotten used to the opposite and wouldn't be surprised if we even kept RT......huge mistake...huge..

More like 2009-2018. The 2008 team, after week 3, had the look-and-feel of a machine. Even though Pennington's arm was held together with Gorilla tape (TM), that was the last good Dolphins team with a quality QB.

Think there will be opportunities to pick up a so called good one in FA in the offseason ( ya not a Marino) and yes probably not a top level but one who can be much more consistent and more dependable than the crap shot we've gotten for the last decade.
Any historical examples from say... The last decade?

Any historical examples from say... The last decade?

Not clear on your question but the last several Fins QB of the past decade are really not even worth remembering.
If QB available as an upgrade ....an upgrade over RT (who I don't consider that overwhelming to upgrade) got to think there will be 1-2-3 maybe 4. Not saying the right one won't be an easy aquisition and possibly costing something of significance $$$ or player....but another year of this same Ground Hog QB show is just ridiculous for many of us to go through again and again..JMO

Close... :chuckle: :nah:

I am thrilled to have a wining record and not have to cry every Sunday. I’m not taking for granted that at the very least I know we have a chance. Thank you whatever God you believe in for that.

We needed a batted ball reception and a missed field goal to not have lost 3 straight.

We were trashed by the kings of the east.

Close. No close. But at least fun. Let’s feel lucky about that.

I think ultimately we are going to need to blow this organization up and start over, otherwise we are just spinning our tires in mediocrity with a few glimpses of false hope.

I disagree. There is a good core of young, ascending players. This the only option that should be off the table.

This entire discussion is premature. We have no idea what this team will become - a question which is answered during the final games of the season.

I disagree. There is a good core of young, ascending players. This the only option that should be off the table.

I agree with you as far as we've actually upgrade several areas Player wise. But if the poster was talking about Organization as far as FO and Coaches, I think he has a point. And at some point will most likely turn into the main topic in here once all this RT drivel is over.....
Grier being possibly the exception

I keep going back to the NE game and seeing how ridiculously slanted the Refs were in that game. And who knows what else was going on that wasn't caught on film. I'm convinced we would have beaten them at Gillette if it had been a fair fight. We should beat them at home when they come as well, but we'll see if the line keeps gelling and getting better. They should be right in the Conference fight from what I can see, but will be lucky to get a wild-card when you factor in the insane bias (whether it's intentional, or subliminal, it is very real).

The lack of football knowledge is amazing. Unless we are getting about half their players and coaching staff as well this nonsense

Your post just supported your 1st sentence.
Boy do you over rate that roster.

Need a franchise QB and a tall alpha WR at minimum. Parker isn’t that guy. Neither is Tannehill.

Defensively they’ll be even better after the draft next year. OL needs re-tooling again.

Back
Top Bottom