How Close Are We to a Super Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Close Are We to a Super Bowl

When will we be in the Super Bowl

• Total voters
It all depends if and how much Tua progresses, I hope it's at some point in my lifetime.

giphy.gif

Can we wait to see the draft before we try to guess. What if we draft 4 cb’s and 4 OL might make it not in my lifetime.

"we are just two years away" and then next year it will be "we are just two years away". How about if tua becomes a top shel QB this year than we can win it this year. With that said the defense is likely to regress along with the W/L column.

I feel like your viewpoint on this skews what you want to see in the draft. If you think we are close, close, like this year or next at the latest, you don't want trade downs, you want top tier talent now. You don't want to trade people like X for future picks because now is the time. If you think we are 2 years or more away from this position, then you want future picks as you know more can be better and people like X may not be in their prime when we get there. Better to get full value now.

The correct answer, of course, is over 35 years. That's the last time we were there. With the ownership we have right now, it is unlikely to ever happen again.

"we are just two years away" and then next year it will be "we are just two years away".
This cycle just repeats over and over again ad infinitum. With no accountability. The only thing that changes is the younger fans who believe the empty promises eventually become jaded old fans and the older fans eventually die off. Nothing changes and the merry-go-round goes on and on. "We are just two years away." "We are just two years away. Get off the merry-go-round while you still can. 35 years is too long to root for a sports team without even sniffing a championship.

Last edited:
I think just like the Bucs of last year, the Patriots 1st SB, the Eagles 1st SB, the 49ers 1st SB, The Rams 1st SB, the Giants, 1st to 4th SB...All it takes is the right coaching, and all the parts of the team to get hot at the right time, and Miami can win a SB as early as 2021.

if last years class lives up to the hype and we add two more bonafide playmakers on offense we are competing for it in 2022

When Grier Stops Playing Poker....and Actually Drafts Some Playmakers that We Need So Badly!!!

I Get the Fact of Improving Draft Capital, but there comes a Time (Especially a Draft of this Caliber), when...YOU MAKE THE PICK!!!

Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you start getting your hopes up about a Super Bowl title in the next few seasons before your team has even reached the playoffs. You'll have fans jumping ship by mid-season because the team isn't on pace to reach some unrealistic goal. So much has to go right to win a Super Bowl. Not only do you need a great team, you still need a lot of other things to go your way. There are 32 teams that would love to win the title, so unless you have a team tha is heads and shoulders better than the other 31 it's still a crap shoot at best.

Back
Top Bottom