How come no one's mentioned...Sage Rosenfels Should Our QB! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How come no one's mentioned...Sage Rosenfels Should Our QB!

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
How come no one's mentioned.....

We talk about Lucas and We talk about bringing in a veteran QB.....but how come no ones talking about Sage Rosenfels....isnt he a starting caliber QB?....Wasnt he at one point going to start the Redskins after having a great Pre-Season?....Wasnt he a steal in the trade?.....maybe we ought to give him the shot if Ray struggles I mean he should know our system by now.

Re: How come no one's mentioned.....

Originally posted by WCoastFin
We talk about Lucas and We talk about bringing in a veteran QB.....but how come no ones talking about Sage Rosenfels....isnt he a starting caliber QB?....Wasnt he at one point going to start the Redskins after having a great Pre-Season?....Wasnt he a steal in the trade?.....maybe we ought to give him the shot if Ray struggles I mean he should know our system by now.
the Sun sort of did Rosenfels ready if Lucas is not

WCoast, if I remember right his "great preseason" lasted about a game and a half before Spurrier could get his Florida guys ready. He may be the steal of that trade but don't base it on his pre-season or him being a "starting caliber QB". He hasn't yet shown that.

Sage Rosenfels Should Our QB!

Look, Sage Rosenfels is a much better QB than Ray Lucas will ever be. What happened to R.Lucas on Sunday was just his lack of ability of play QB. Trust me folks, two weeks of practice is not going to help him. If I was in charge, I would give S. Rosenfels the starting job right now. His mechanics, reads, and feel for the position would fit Norv's offense alot better in my opinion.

Ray has the talent. What worries me is whether he has the mental abilities necessary to do this job at this level. He seemed totally off Sunday and just could not get his head together. I say if we see the same Ray Lucas in GB then it is time to bring in Sage and see what he can do. But I don't think that one bad game is enough to tell how Lucas is going to do the entire time Jay is out.

That is exactly what i'm worried about, girlphan, Can Lucas get his head together? last week all the talk was about how Ray might play better than Jay and how good Ray was. Yet he still went out there and completely fell apart after the first mistake. He started pressing because he felt like he had something to prove. Now, doesn't the fact that he had SUCH a bad game lead you to believe that he may try even harder to prove himself this game and screw it up even worse, if that's possible?

I mentioned it earlier..Rosenfels is our future QB. Why fizzle around with some vet QB who is out of the league for a while for only two or three games. Heck, you might as well give Sage a shot if Lucas really bombs.

I'd rather see Dickenson go in if he had more time with the team...He at least was a starter in the cfl and led his team to a grey cup... Obviously with him haveing no time with the team this wont happen but at least he has proven leadership abilities, and isnt just a bench warmer thats popular with the media and his teammates!! And again i know alls he did last year was be a bench warmer, but at least he won something...lol i hope Lucas does well and improves, he hit bottom last week so theres no where to go but up!!! Unless of course u take away the first drive of the game i guess. I thought he'd come in and perform against such a crappy defense, but didnt. Im glad McMichael showed some maturity in the game, and didnt freak out...Hell if i was open all game long and didnt get the ball i would probably through a freaking fit!!!

OK, I bashed the hell out of Ray more than most after Sunday's massacre, BUT I am willing to give him another shot. If we were 2-5 instead of 5-2 then I would go with Rosenfels. BUT a would rather see a healthy QB in Rosenfels play than a beat up Ray who just came off the worst performance of his life.

Re: Re: How come no one's mentioned.....

Originally posted by FFiB
I mentioned it earlier..Rosenfels is our future QB. Why fizzle around with some vet QB who is out of the league for a while for only two or three games. Heck, you might as well give Sage a shot if Lucas really bombs.

because this is a super bowl team...ramsey got a look in washington. youngsters like harrington, carr, hutchinson are starting...this is a good move for teams who are rebuilding...but i have trouble believing that guys like perry, konrad, ruddy(guys who have been in some battles) are going to run through a brick wall for a guy who hasnt taken a regular season snap

Originally posted by inFINSible
That is exactly what i'm worried about, girlphan, Can Lucas get his head together? last week all the talk was about how Ray might play better than Jay and how good Ray was. Yet he still went out there and completely fell apart after the first mistake. He started pressing because he felt like he had something to prove. Now, doesn't the fact that he had SUCH a bad game lead you to believe that he may try even harder to prove himself this game and screw it up even worse, if that's possible?

There is no way we will know unless he gets another shot. Admittedly, I am worried about the same thing you are. Not only is Lucas coming off a deplorable game, but he is doing it in GB on MNF. Talk about pressure. But I think it is only right that he gets another chance to prove himself.

Lets just all hope Lucas does good in Green Bay and Jay come back early.

hey angrydolphins, welcome to the boards...i think you'll find some of the most knowledgable and finatical:hitself: dolfans around...we all 2nd your motion

:monkey: 6 turnovers in a divisional matchup

Back
Top Bottom