How come the Bucs suck this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How come the Bucs suck this year?

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
They pretty much kept their entire team intact and added some (Rudd, Jones). They had a few LB injuries coming into the year, but their backups are more than capable of making up for them.

The defending champs showed up for the first week and slaughtered the Eagles. Since then, they've had only one victory against an impressive team (Dallas). They've lost to teams like SF and NO.

I don't get why they aren't winning like they were last year. Everyone is back. Are they just playing with less heart now that they've got a ring and don't have that "longing" for another like some teams do (cue; Dolphins)? Are opponents just out for their number? Did the title get to their heads?

They seriously do not suck, you need to check that. They lost one of their best weapons (Alstott) for the year, but they got rid of a tumor for the year (Keyshawn). If they make it into the playoffs I would not want to face them. Keyshawn is gone and the Bucs are back.

2131Keyshawn.jpg

Even good teams need good fortune. The Bucs have not gotten it at all. They have penalty problems, and the focus just isn't there (likely due to the post-SB champion hangover). There is also the fact that everybody is gunning for them.

Did I cover every post-championship stereotype? I hope so because they all seem to be true about this Bucs team...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolfan02
They seriously do not suck, you need to check that. They lost one of their best weapons (Alstott) for the year, but they got rid of a tumor for the year (Keyshawn). If they make it into the playoffs I would not want to face them. Keyshawn is gone and the Bucs are back.
If they lose tonight (JAX is currently up, 7-0), they are 3 games out of the wild-card. If they win tonight, they are 2 games out of the wild-card. Four games remain.

They will probably not make the playoffs.

They have not won two games consecutively this year.

If losing a FB causes your team to go from Superbowl calibur to 5-6, then they need to rethink their gameplans.

Well, they are dangerous now, but not quite great.

They have a future QB, maybe a real RB in Thomas now he has been playing great, they need to draft a WR and OL help, but they can do it.
On D they have some young players, LBs they are ok, CBs ok if they are healthy, and safeties they are fine.

They are going to be dangerous again next year.

Just FYI

Joe T. just blamed a lot of the offensive woes on the lack of Alstott. Are Dolfan02 and Joe the same guy?

LOL

The Bucs do suck, no question. Their defense isn't as dominating & they have no identity on offense. They should be a running team but they continue to pass. They have one play maker on offense, Keenan McCardell. This off season & draft they need to find a RB, a WR, & a TE. They need help on offense more than us.

Thomas Jones has had a decent year for them, but not today. They need a WR like hell. Reggie Williams is going there.

Originally posted by SMadison29
The Bucs do suck, no question. Their defense isn't as dominating &
I think were the only Defense with 2 shutouts

who are the buccaneers, dont you mean SUCKaneers, break out the creamsicle jerseys, the fantasy known as 2002 is over :)

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
who are the buccaneers, dont you mean SUCKaneers, break out the creamsicle jerseys, the fantasy known as 2002 is over :)

oooh there was a lot of depth in that statement...keep that in the trash section

Back
Top Bottom