How Come We Did A Reverse When J But Nor Brian? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Come We Did A Reverse When J But Nor Brian?

dolphinsrok

Starter
Reaction score
I NOTICED WE HAVEN'T USED A REVERSE SINCE WE TRIED IT WITH BRIAN ABOUT 4-5 WEEKS AGO AND WERE UNSUCCESSFUL.

REMEMBER THE 60 YARDER OFF THE REVERSE??

IS IT BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT BRIAN IS IMOBLE AND THAT LIMITS THAT PLAY OR IS JAY JUST MORE COMFORTABLE WITH IT??

I THINK WE SHOULD THROW THAT IN 3-5 TIMES A GAME AND MIX IT UP WITH MCNKIGHT, CHAMBERS AND EVEN MINOR

I have a couple thoughts:

First, watch the CAPS. You're making my eyes hurt! ;)

Second, you may be on to something with the mobility issue. But I think the reason has more to do with not wanting to get opponents too used to the reverse. If we tip our hands too much as far as how and when we use it, it could quickly lose its effectiveness.

Brian is a little... "slow of foot".

The ideal thing would be to show it 2-3 times, but only run it once and the other time(s) pass the ball down the field.

This would take a lot for our O-Line to hold their blocks though.

I agree they should do it more wether it was/is brian or jay. I would add that perhaps they should fake the reverse also and either not hand off at all and throw deep or just not make the 2nd hand off and let the RB run. Also a flee flicker would be good while the D is do focused on our run game. That is assuming trhe line can protect long enough to get the play off.

SORRYABOUTTHECAPSDUDE!!!
lol
the element of surprise is always a weapon, but we abandonded it for weeks....
well i think we're going to use it more now, i have a feelling jay is more comfortable with it, i think we were really limited with brian, unfortunatly

well i like the 4 receiver set i think that gives our offense more depth, and character.

we need to do something to throw parcels' defense off.

parcels is so smart i think we need to run some plays we havent run all year, well our coaches and players will have their hands full and i'm gonna eat some tuna in a few minutes maybe we'll get the voodoo factor workin in there..
gofinzzzz!!!

how come there is liquid water on earth and not mars?

get my point?

The posters who bring up O-line problems actually have an even better point than I made originally. Reverses (fake or carried out) are SLOOOOOOOWWWW developing and tax even the best offensive lines. And we don't have the best O-line (I know, :eek: ).

We need to get back to succeeding in more fundamental trench warfare before incorporating too much of the fancy stuff.

You can't do a reverse more than once a game, maybe twice. However, we should definitely use it. Guys like Chambers and McKnight have good speed and it is a play that can be big for us. Actually, wait, we scored a 60+ yard touchdown off a reverse against the Giants!

The reverse is a good play against a defense that is very aggressive because they will overpursue.

Plus, Jay can block better than our entire offensive line so thats why we used the reverse when Griese went out.

LMAO about Jay blocking. Perhaps he should play LT and move BG back into the pocket. As for the play working against fast agrressive D, all the more reason to try it against Dal in their house on National TV. They will be flying everywhere. Deception will be the key to our offense tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom