How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild?

The plan has unrealistic timeline expectations. More than likely it'll take 4-5 season before the team is fighting for a playoff spot. By then Grier and Flores will be gone and Ross may be looking to sell.

I suspect it won't be another 7 or so seasons until this team makes the playoffs. Whatever Qb is leading the team certainly won't be Rosen or a high draft pick from next year.

ESPN just posted a long article on the tank and mentioned something more frightening. Teams that have recorded win totals of 1 or fewer games have taken an average of 8 years to record a post-season win and some still haven't recorded a post-season win many years after bottoming out. Also interesting to note that none of these teams did what the Dolphins are doing, literally turning the roster into a 70s expansion team.

Grier has done well getting picks and tearing down the 7-9 house he helped build. He certainly gets credit for being a stout negotiator.

With that said, seeing him do the rebuild will be like watching a toddler trying to pour a gallon jug of milk. The mess is almost inevitable.

No, my father died you twat.
Really was the insult neccessary its not like he knew your family situation.. Sounds to me like you were baiting him into questioning why you stopped going by telling him that info without mentioning a family passing.

I personally don't even think Grier if he was as bad as you say would pass up tua if we got the number 1 spot, The guy is leaps and bounds ahead of Herbert,Fromm, or any other prospect.. Its pretty much a no brainer of a pick even if tua suffered an ACL tear next week He would still be every concensus number 1 pick next year.

Really was the insult neccessary its not like he knew your family situation.. Sounds to me like you were baiting him into questioning why you stopped going by telling him that info without mentioning a family passing.

I personally don't even think Grier if he was as bad as you say would pass up tua if we got the number 1 spot, The guy is leaps and bounds ahead of Herbert,Fromm, or any other prospect.. Its pretty much a no brainer of a pick even if tua suffered an ACL tear next week He would still be every concensus number 1 pick next year.

Nah, he's just calling people trolls if you're not aboard this ridiculous tank job, he was inviting a response whether he knew my personal circumstances or not. He stepped in it.

rebuilds don't take that long anymore if done correctly

Since the 1993 season (the start of NFL free agency) every Super Bowl winner has at least won a playoff game within the first 3 seasons of the regime except for Tom Coughlin and the Giants (they made the playoffs twice in those first 3 seasons and lost both times).

A rebuild should be 1 season or 2 at the max. After the third year you're just wasting your time, which Ross hasn't seemed to figure out.

With the amount of picks and cap space we have this off season, if Grier and Flores are going anywhere with the team we should at least make the wild card.

Grier detractors are like the dudes at a High School dance that don't have
the nerve to ask the pretty girls to dance so they gather in the corner and
talk pig skin trash!

Make my words -- when the TEAM Mister Grier has assembled CRUSH
the Santa Claus sized bag of picks Mister Grier has so expertly assembled
you li'l pups will be left whimpering on the pee poop laden newspaper!

...yesterdays really stinky news!

Support the program and/or learn how to dance!

GAWD!

BNF

:lol:

Grier detractors are like the dudes at a High School dance that don't have
the nerve to ask the pretty girls to dance so they gather in the corner and
talk pig skin trash!

Make my words -- when the TEAM Mister Grier has assembled CRUSH
the Santa Claus sized bag of picks Mister Grier has so expertly assembled
you li'l pups will be left whimpering on the pee poop laden newspaper!

...yesterdays really stinky news!

Support the program and/or learn how to dance!

GAWD!

BNF

:lol:

We finally agree on something. We should be making the playoffs next season when Grier crushes it this offseason.

The Draft Network has us picking 3, 4 , and 25...

What Grier does if that is the case is more important than us picking 1, 4, and 25.

What happens to his decision making once the reason for sacrificing professional and traditional integrity is off the board.

FINHEAVEN will be required watching if/when that happens. The police are going to have to remove all sharp objects our gonna few FH poster's houses.

I'm mixed but lean towards comfortable. Grier has made his fair share of weak draft picks and has given some questionable contracts. But he also seems very pragmatic, and I like that. He's made some risky choices but he has done a great job of maximizing value. Moving back in the 2nd to pick up a 2nd next year and then still deal that for Rosen was just a great move (regardless how Rosen turns out). And the haul he got for Tunsil was impressive.

The Draft Network has us picking 3, 4 , and 25...

What Grier does if that is the case is more important than us picking 1, 4, and 25.

What happens to his decision making once the reason for sacrificing professional and traditional integrity is off the board.

FINHEAVEN will be required watching if/when that happens. The police are going to have to remove all sharp objects our gonna few FH poster's houses.

I don't think Tua is the sole reason for the tank. Otherwise, why waste value on Rosen? If the Phins can't get Tua for reasonable value, I bet they roll with Rosen and either take some elite skill players or trade back to fill out the roster more fully.

Our head coach is in fact, a scout, at his core. The guy stated as much when he did an interview talking about his dream of building a team from scratch, through the draft, back when he was hired.

It's BF's vision that we will be implementing. Not Chris Grier's. Not Stephen Ross's.

Brian Flores doesn't become head coach of the Miami Dolphins......if this wasn't perfectly clear to all parties from day one. Not from an ego standpoint, BF doesn't strike me as that type of person. He understands the team dynamic required for success. He started at the bottom.....

And now he's here.

We finally agree on something. We should be making the playoffs next season when Grier crushes it this offseason.

Yeah I got a brand new $100 bill to collect from that hillbilly dude!

I don't think Tua is the sole reason for the tank. Otherwise, why waste value on Rosen? If the Phins can't get Tua for reasonable value, I bet they roll with Rosen and either take some elite skill players or trade back to fill out the roster more fully.
The question remains...what happens if Tua isn't there.

He has proven an astute mover...the draft is the time to be a shaker.

Back
Top Bottom