How could anyone not want Willis? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How could anyone not want Willis?

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
This guy is not only a great football player, but one with character.

This is an article from CBS Sportsline released on December 7th. Very good insight on Willis and his hardships and how he overcame them.

At age 6, Patrick was cooking breakfast for younger sister and brothers. At age 10, he was picking cotton around his Bruceton, Tenn., home. The proceeds went to Ernest to pay the utilities.

Even now, Patrick says it wasn't that bad.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

In 2005, Willis led the nation in solo tackles. This season he is second. When his highlights were shown Monday at the Nagurski dinner, his were the only ones that drew "oohs" and "aahs."

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9857361/1

hes a great guy. A lot like Crowder in my mind. I'd love him, i don't see it happening because we just dont need an inside guy at all, but he's a great player and a great person for sure.

inside? i was told that he plays outside in the draft forum or could play at least.. anybody know? and yeah i really like this guy, i would take him or J.russel(or another qb) with our pick.

Man this guy would be a great draft pick for anyone. You guys think Nick will go LB in the 1st round? LOL I do. I think this kid could contribute right away.

Yeah. I thought he was an outside backer. I think he'd make an immediate impact on this defense.

COMEBACKRICKY said:
inside? i was told that he plays outside in the draft forum or could play at least.. anybody know? and yeah i really like this guy, i would take him or J.russel(or another qb) with our pick.

He plays mostly inside but with the scheme Ole Miss played this year he also lined up as an OLB, similar to the way Derrick Brooks does in Tampa Bay.

If we drafted him I would jump up and down, But I don't think its gunna happen. We just don't need a LB as bad as we need Line help. However if we took Willis I would be very happy and he played just as well last year with a broken hand.

Up here in New York, we don't get to see a lot of Mississippi games, but I've heard nothing but great things about this young man. Sounds like he has great character and a work ethic to go with his exceptional ability.

Back
Top Bottom