How could they be THIS wrong on Defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How could they be THIS wrong on Defense

Brother, ravens did not want to go deep but everything ****ing thing was wide open. We made a rookie look like randy
Did anyone think the Ravens game plan was for Jackson to throw over the top of Miami's D?

And if you did were you really expecting Jackson to be so damn accurate?

Minkah is a bust. It literally pains me to write this. He has looked bad for over a year and we are hanging onto a couple flash plays

It's not fair to say Minkah looked bad last year. For the most part he played pretty well. He just lacked a certain "spectacular" that you better be drafting if you're drafting a guy BPA in the top 10.

If you draft a safety that high he needs to be a plug play. I watched the season opener and the GB safety looked like a star. We have a bunch of fn nickels ( outside of x) playing

1st game of the season, and Baltimore’s offense was completely rebuilt from the ground up this offseason to suit Jackson, so there isn’t any game tape to properly game plan and scheme. With that said no excuse for making Jackson look like Brady passing the ball.
:nuke:Blah, Blah, Blah. I could get a HS coach and get a better performance out of this team. Strike one for Flores.

People try to make comparisons between players in different situations and it doesn’t really work. The overall lack of player and coaching talent for Miami makes it hard to evaluate young players. Minkah has failed to impress me, but I don’t think any of the young safeties (like DWJ) would excel in Miami this year. The Chargers have a HoF QB and a great overall roster. It was easy for them to plug in DWJ and let him succeed. Minkah would look a heck of a lot better playing on a playoff team than he does in Miami. He’d actually have help and a coaching staff that lets him play to his strengths.

I try not to blame Flores entirely, but I don't get why he gets a pass at all. I expected better from a defensive coach who preached discipline and hard work. Defense was supposed to be his strength and scheming open pressure. It was a terrible job by both the coaches and players. IDC if we're tanking, giving up almost 60 points is inexcusable. I expected more.

:nuke:Blah, Blah, Blah. I could get a HS coach and get a better performance out of this team. Strike one for Flores.

I know you're probably exaggerating a bit, but the sad thing is I'm astounded by how many leaders of men there are in the lower levels of the football world and yet there are so many flat out bad coaches at the highest level.

With 3 #1 picks on the starting defense there's no way we should have been embarrassed like that. These coaches got exposed all day and our players too. This was as bad as it gets. I understand not winning much to get your franchise QB but lose with some respect. Challenge, compete, show up, I don't give a crap! You're wearing the uniform worn by the '72 Fins, don't ever allow yourself to be decimated like that again. I didn't sign up for this. We don't have to hit an all time low, do we?

Yes...and they made sure of it!

If you draft a safety that high he needs to be a plug play. I watched the season opener and the GB safety looked like a star. We have a bunch of fn nickels ( outside of x) playing
Who was the last first round pick that was plug and play from day one for Miami with no issues? Jake Long?

Everybody knows Flores was not calling defense it was Belichick that was obvious today

This is what bothers me the most....the defense seemed like it should be at least solid...not embarrassing.

This was supposed to be the wizard that outsmarted the Rams in the Super Bowl.

He looked more like the DC that got beat by a bad Dolphin team and the Miami Miracle.

It felt like there wasn't a game plan. Players looked like they were playing a Vanilla Defense. I never expected what I saw today. Very Very sad day for me. I thought or hoped the defense would've been competitive. If things don't improve play wise by the bye week. I'm going to start thinking this defensive coordinator is in, over his head too.

This is what bothers me the most....the defense seemed like it should be at least solid...not embarrassing.

He looked more like the DC that got beat by a bad Dolphin team and the Miami Miracle.
Another Belichick disciple that's a fraud

Speaking of the Miami Miracle, did anybody else get to watch the end of the Jets-Bills game and see the Jets try to run the Miami Miracle? I joked with my brother that it was coming and then Gase dialed it up. Gase losing and Darnold really struggling under him was one of the most enjoyable things I got out of this rather disappointing week 1 all around.

Back
Top Bottom