How Did Howard's Season Rank Among Miami's All-time Secondary Play? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Did Howard's Season Rank Among Miami's All-time Secondary Play?

3 of his int were against rookie qbs and another two were against a team that fishies 4-12.

No reason to lock him up now. If he wants to be the top paid corner right now, his value can only go down based on his play this year.

And then the can still franchise tag him.

3 of his int were against rookie qbs and another two were against a team that fishies 4-12.

No reason to lock him up now. If he wants to be the top paid corner right now, his value can only go down based on his play this year.

You can't hold something like that against him. "3 of his int..." what kinda nonsense is that?

Also, Why didn't other DBs in the league also capitalize on those rookie QBs?

You can't hold something like that against him. "3 of his int..." what kinda nonsense is that?

I agree. What's with these seperate category INT's?

Yah might as well discredit QBs when the WR is wiiiiiiiide open.

I don't care if the QB is getting back at his HC and deliberating throwing right at X.

An INT is an INT is an ITN.

Plus- and this argument is petty- as easy as you think it's suppose to be, he's still gotta catch the ball.

The old football adage: A CB is a CB because he has bad hands otherwise he'd be a WR.

I agree. What's with these seperate category INT's?

Yah might as well discredit QBs when the WR is wiiiiiiiide open.

I don't care if the QB is getting back at his HC and deliberating throwing right at X.

An INT is an INT is an ITN.

Plus- and this argument is petty- as easy as you think it's suppose to be, he's still gotta catch the ball.

The old football adage: A CB is a CB because he has bad hands otherwise he'd be a WR.

Really an underrated comment about being able to catch the ball. Howard has great ball skills and hands.

He's easily one of the best catchers on the team(Do you remember his second pick of Brady going to Cook down the field?)

I'd take his hands over Parkers any day.

They shouldn't pay him based on INT totals to begin with. You don't judge CB's based on INT totals. When Nnamdi Asomugha was considered one of the best CB's in the league and was named All Pro 3 years in a row he had 2 int's in those 3 years.

I think we should let him play out his contract.

Missing 4 games in a little concerning and I want to see consistent pay from him.

I'll make him the top paid CB in the league. Absolutely will, but give me a full season first.

I just don't see how trading away young players with talent aides a rebuild.

Isn't the point of drafting players to acquire young talent?

We've talked about trading Grant and X and they are 26 and 25.

I can't grasp the concept of trading away the young guys that have already shown what they can do at the NFL level for unknown college talent.

TOTALLY AGREED! It’s complete nonsense to say such a wackadoo thing regarding who his ints came against. With that way of thinking Tannehill be considered a top QB when he throws a few TDs against a top DB and the TDs he threw against mediocre DBs should be thrown out the window! Ridiculous

Extraordinary.

The eye balls don’t lie.

Best single season by any Dolphin player in a long time.

Only concern with this kid is the injuries.

I just don't see how trading away young players with talent aides a rebuild.

Isn't the point of drafting players to acquire young talent?

We've talked about trading Grant and X and they are 26 and 25.

I can't grasp the concept of trading away the young guys that have already shown what they can do at the NFL level for unknown college talent.

That’s just idiot speak.

No one with a brain would trade Howard unless the compensation was absurd.

That’s just idiot speak.

No one with a brain would trade Howard unless the compensation was absurd.

Absurd is the word.

Let's face it, everyone has a price. But like the line in Goodfellas, "Fk you. Pay me."

Last edited:
Howard's percentage completed against was low as well, don't have the number in front of me though. This year he looked like the kid we drafted who was doing the same things at Baylor. It took a while for him to adjust to the NFL game--as is always the case with press-man CB's--but this doesn't look like a fluke … it looks like the progress we hoped and expected.

Dominant CB1's don't get traded very often … they're simply too hard to get to risk trading them, IMHO.

Howard's percentage completed against was low as well, don't have the number in front of me though. This year he looked like the kid we drafted who was doing the same things at Baylor. It took a while for him to adjust to the NFL game--as is always the case with press-man CB's--but this doesn't look like a fluke … it looks like the progress we hoped and expected.

Dominant CB1's don't get traded very often … they're simply too hard to get to risk trading them, IMHO.
He'll get better with better pressure on the opposing QB....

He'll get better with better pressure on the opposing QB....
I completely agree. The most impressive part of his INT numbers are the fact that a good percentage of INT's are the result of a strong pass rush and a QB feeling that pressure and pushing the ball out quickly, before he has properly assessed the situation. I agree, as our pass rush improves, those numbers will go up.

you don't get "gimme picks" unless you put yourself in position to capitalize on them. he's got the most consistent technique in football at the corner position.

and howard did play Hopkins well... the td he gave up against him he couldn't have been in much better position. and the td he gave up to the pats was more about route execution and design relative to the coverage call leverage wise etc. than anything howard did wrong. the wr arrowed in in his vertical stem into the inside leveraged db before breaking back outside. that's just a great route call and execution in the stem relative to the coverage call. what really sold it for the wr was how much he pressed howard as in took away his air space in the stem before the outside redirect. in a red zone short space the db can't pedal vs that hard stem he has to basically play it flat footed and hope the wr arrows out early enough where he can run underneath of it. but that didn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom