-------- How did Jake Long look??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

-------- How did Jake Long look???

And you still think the Jets OL played worse than ours??....

IN TUNA WE TRUST.....

To a point...yes. When you add woody and Faneca you expect to have a better O-Line....but that same O-line gave up 3 sacks and a forced fumble to mostly rookies and new players on the Dolphins. I also believe the Jets O-line that cost them so much...also has 4 first round picks on it. How many times was Favre rushed...how many throws were not timed because of the Dolphins defense. If not for luck...the Dolphins win that game.

When you can hold Favre under 200 yds passing and some of that came from a hail Mary pass...you have to be doing something right....and the Jets O-line doing something wrong.

To a point...yes. When you add woody and Faneca you expect to have a better O-Line....but that same O-line gave up 3 sacks and a forced fumble to mostly rookies and new players on the Dolphins. I also believe the Jets O-line that cost them so much...also has 4 first round picks on it. How many times was Favre rushed...how many throws were not timed because of the Dolphins defense. If not for luck...the Dolphins win that game.

When you can hold Favre under 200 yds passing and some of that came from a hail Mary pass...you have to be doing something right....and the Jets O-line doing something wrong.

Hey, no problem man. If you think the Jets OL played worse than ours did yesterday, that's fine with me. That's your opinion and are certainly entitled to it.....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

The "gurus" on this site are a total joke...trust me, you'll get as much insight doing a google search.

The potential to get banned for saying that is high, too, which should tell you something.
The only things that will get you banned are clearly stated in the TOS. Disagreeing certainly isn't one of them. As long as you are attacking the post and not the poster, you're fine.

If there is a problem with that as well, stick to the depths or somewhere else.

You're right. So far he's looking almost as impressive as Ryan Leaf did after his pre season and first 2pro games (Thanks for taking the time out from your obsessive Ice Adoration on the Atlanta board to honor us here with your insightful thoughts).

IMO, Jake could have done better (or else he wouldn't have held).. but was and remains the right choice for the Fins to make.

... and who knows just how brightly a Big 10 successful QB like Henne might have lit up the Lions as compared to one spawned by what's now being starkly revealed as a less competitive ACC.
... or perhaps might have looked yesterday versus the Jets, if like Atlanta, we lacked the luxury of starting a more competent QB.

9kpa2u-1.jpg

You know what's funny?

That really is me....lol.

At what point are you "experts" going to come down off your John Beck perch and admit he sucks and we tried to tell you? Ever?

Ever???

Matt Ryan was the player I wanted the Phins to draft 5 months before the kid even declared eligible....since September of last year....and I had to defend that stance to people like you until I was nauseated....Like I said before....it's not hindsight at all....I can reference you to the dated posts on other sites....

The ACC is definitely the weakest BCS conference this year.....mainly due to the amount of upper classmen it lost in the NFL draft....and a bunch of new coaches at new programs trying to install their own respective philosophies....

The only things that will get you banned are clearly stated in the TOS. Disagreeing certainly isn't one of them. As long as you are attacking the post and not the poster, you're fine.

If there is a problem with that as well, stick to the depths or somewhere else.

I hate this post!

but I love you!

Jake Long got some penalties. however he showed signs of greatness i saw him knock one guy down and then take on a Safety. you just dont see that kind of athletic ability on a line man. i think everyone played bad and the team made too many mistakes.

Jake had a few mental errors but overall he did fine.

matt ryan still has a while to go. It helps when your RB runs for 200+. Jake Long good for his first nfl game.

lol WOW, how quick we want to slowly declare Jake a bust . . . after ONE game . . . . look at Mario Williams . . . kid was a major bust most of his first season . . . . he may be the best DE in the league now.

Jake did not give up a sack . . . and was actually pretty strong in pass pro yesterday. He IMO had a solid debut and 2 unfortunate penalties . . . which wtf u want me to say, **** happens . . . LMAO did anybody see what happened when one of our tackles got out of the game . . . Pennington almost got killed . . . picture Matt Ryan as our QB now . . . w/o Jake Long . . . . I rest my case . . . Jake was EASILY the best pick for this team, this argument is STUPID.

You were the 1st one to bring up the word bust.I loved us picking a LT in the 1st round, i just hope at some point he'll start playing better.If not he'll be moved to RT then G.Even if that happens i still wouldn't call him a bust,but it looks like you would.:rolleyes:

You'll never find a funnier section of the internet then here when the unwarranted superiority complex of the "gurus" on this site is completely shot down. It happens a lot, by the way.

Anyway, Long looked exactly as I advertised him coming out of school. A great run blocker who doesn't have the speed to handle the DEs of the NFL. He's basically L.J. Shelton 2.0.

Wow. I guess your user name says it all. This is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever read on this site.

I'd say the Jets O-line played worse...against mostly rookies. Three sacks...a forced fumble against Favre.

Agreed. When we got pressure it was because we outplayed them, when they got pressure it was because of blown assignments (and a couple of really bad blocks by our RB's...)

We will adjust for the mental errors...but for them, they can't fix bad...

Back
Top Bottom