How did this happen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How did this happen?

I'm not surprised, Its a group of Rookies and young Players they are bound to improve as the Season goes along.. Who knows after this season maybe we unearth a few Gems to keep around..

This is why i couldn't stand us resigning Matt Moore or even signing fitzpatrick, You know what you had there a simple placeholder who wasn't good enough, Hell Give a young QB a chance here because at least they will improve as the season progresses.. Kind of why i said we already put rosen out there we should have just kept letting him get expierience and growing.. I'm also interested to see what Jake Rudock could do if given a chance rather then throwing a retread like Fitzpatrick

I'm not surprised, Its a group of Rookies and young Players they are bound to improve as the Season goes along.. Who knows after this season maybe we unearth a few Gems to keep around..

This is why i couldn't stand us resigning Matt Moore or even signing fitzpatrick, You know what you had there a simple placeholder who wasn't good enough, Hell Give a young QB a chance here because at least they will improve as the season progresses.. Kind of why i said we already put rosen out there we should have just kept letting him get expierience and growing.. I'm also interested to see what Jake Rudock could do if given a chance rather then throwing a retread like Fitzpatrick
This is what I said for months now. The purpose of this season is evaluation and finding players who can fill roles and be support players. That we **** the bed early on was expected. That we will slowly improve was also expected (at least by me). That's why I didn't buy into this "oh we are the worst team ever" frenzy.
In regards to playing Fitzpatrick: I can somewhat see the reasoning behind it. The coaching staff is trying to give those young players a feeling of success. That feeling is as important to young players as the daily teachings of the ins and outs of football.
Once we have a win or two under our belts we will see Rosen again.

Last edited:
Well, the NE way has been to field a good Oline that gets the job done without spending big money or lots of high picks in it. I'm not saying we have a great oline all of a sudden but give credit to the coaching staff for what they're doing with this group. I can see at least two of these guys starting in 2020.

You can call all the protections you want, the linemen still have to block the other players. You could point right at Shaq Lawson and tell me to block him, chances are I ain't blocking him and by you pointing him out to me does not increase my chances one bit...
Sometimes, all you have to do is "get in the way"!

Comes down to coaching. The Patriots new spent high draft capital on their Oline but always got a good return. This is very promising.

Dolphins O-line recognized as one of NFL's best in Week 7

View attachment 30654
USA TODAY’s Touchdown Wire has recognized the NFL’s five best offensive line performances of the NFL’s Week 7 action,
and the Miami Dolphins surprisingly found themselves on the list.

Against a solid D to boot...

They have definitely improved! It’s actually quite impressive.

You can call all the protections you want, the linemen still have to block the other players. You could point right at Shaq Lawson and tell me to block him, chances are I ain't blocking him and by you pointing him out to me does not increase my chances one bit...
Googs would have your technique where it needs to be, and you'd be fine.

Maybe it’s been Kilgore who has been killing our O line...
I would be surprised but they certainly played better without him. Maybe it was the shuffling of players to positions that better fit their skillsets? If they keep playing well, we may not see Kilgore back in anytime soon. The younger less expensive Boehm played well in his absence. The move wouldn't surprise me as it seems to fit the current mo and direction.

I don't think so.

When he was healthy he was (sadly) our best OLineman.

But getting better at C helps everyone.

That bunch we started out with was awful... let’s see if this group can at least stay healthy and together for a bit.. and I’m not discounting the Ol coach either- he is exactly the guy that was needed.

That bunch we started out with was awful... let’s see if this group can at least stay healthy and together for a bit.. and I’m not discounting the Ol coach either- he is exactly the guy that was needed.
He's a solid OL coach, good thing they recognized that early on and made a move. Paying dividends now...

Back
Top Bottom