How Disappointed Would You Be If... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Disappointed Would You Be If...

How Disappointed Are You

Votes: 9 15.3%

Votes: 4 6.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 7 11.9%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 3 5.1%

Votes: 24 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BYU played a crap schedule last year when Wilson put up those great stats. You could have put the majority of the college QB’s on BYU last year and they would have had similar stats to Wilson in the BYU offense against the lousy schedule they played. As far as Fields is concerned.Ohio State has produced exactly zero QB‘s who have come into the NFL and been any good.

I hope the Jets pick either Wilson or Fields because that will ensure they remain a non-factor in the AFC East for the foreseeable future. They would be better off taking a WR or Sewell and sticking with Darnold over taking either Wilson or Fields.
What’s the difference between what you said and placing a number of Qb’s on a stacked Alabama roster? Jones stats this past year are just as good as what Tua put up in 2018, no?

find a way to make #3 work for you. If we trade back to 6-9 we can grab Waddle who may be the best producer out of the bunch. Use that capital acquired to move up from 18 to grab another playmaker on either side of the ball. Maybe to 12 and grab Pitts orParsons? Grier ususally has more success hitting on picks after round 1 so maybe a trade back is ideal to get more day 2 picks and round out the OL and grab your starting RB.

Is that why everyone was rooting for Houston to lose, to trade a top 5 pick? Serious question no trying to sound like a smartass
The last WR drafted top 3 was Calvin Johnson. The last 4 selected top 5 are Corey Davis, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins and Justin Blackmon.

We could select Sewell but we drafted 2 tackles last year with top 40 picks.

There doesn't really seem to be a defensive player worthy of the top 3 selection and we drafted Tua last year so unless TL slips to 3 QB is a pass.

Is there a Calvin Johnson in the draft? Aside from that Cooper is the best of those top 5 WR's and he's not even a top 10 WR.

I don't watch college football, so I don't have an opinion on who they pick. That said, I can hope that they select certain positions that need major upgrading. But when it comes to choosing one WR over another , it's all the same to me!

Actually, I'm amazed at how BIG this Draft-Mania is. From amateurs to so-called "experts", everyone and their mother has their own idea as to how college players should be ranked in the draft, and then that leads to mock drafts. It seems to me that a lot of time and effort is put into mock drafts and ranking players. I also see many opinions on draft "value", and how Player X is not a good value at a certain pick. As an "outsider" I find this amusing; I compare it to a game, or even gambling. Everyone is trying to predict who their team will pick, and how the draft will fall. As someone with no stake in this "game", I can see that it's all subjective anyway! There's no consensus on which WR (for example) is ranked #1; everyone has an opinion. IMO, ranking players is just guesswork, since not every player at a certain position is playing against the exact same opponents as every other player at that position. And, no college player is guaranteed to be a success in the NFL. Many 1st round picks turn out to be busts or JAGs, and many mid to late round picks turn out to be elite (or at least above-average). It's all a crapshoot and you never know how the dice will fall, but I guess that's part of the attraction! Also, I assume that it's something to keep one occupied during the off-season.

Last edited:
Is that why everyone was rooting for Houston to lose, to trade a top 5 pick? Serious question no trying to sound like a smartass
To be fair, many were rooting for it in the hopes that it could be traded for a haul of picks from the start. Actually making a pick @3 was secondary.

You may not agree, but its not as you are portraying it to be.

Last edited:
I understand that view, but I would point out that you are assuming that the player you want is a stud, and the player we actually pick isn't. You can point to the debacles of Dolphins past if you like, but this iteration hasn't made any real moves to attain skills yet, as that was not tge planned "order of battle".

TBH, I'm not sold on any of the three "top" reciever prospects as "studs". If history is any indication, and it usually is, one of the three will be a good solid starter. One will be MEH average, and one will be bustville.

The fact that two of the three are less than prototypical physically gives me even more reservations.

This goes right back to last year's QB debates. Anyone with eyes could see Tua wasn't the prototype QB, but then ppl acted surprised that he wasn't Justin Herbert. That's in no way a dig at Tua, but don't expect a physical monster player, when the player isnt that.

Neither Smith, nor Waddle are prototype "stud" specimens. They both may be good players, and do have some good attributes. Not go all in type attributes, IMO. They are probably both more suited to a primarily slot role.

Oddly enough, having said all that, the one most likely to bust is Chase, the one who is actually the most prototypical.

Who was the last Top 20 SEC WR to bust?

We still have a pretty large number of needs. We could really use talent at Edge, OL, WR, DL, LB, S, and RB. What I want from this draft is value and building blocks. IMHO, trading down from #3 makes the most sense if we can add value, and I suspect we will be able to do that. Not gonna lie, I _really_ would like to have Ja'Marr Chase, because I think he is going to become special. Our true 'needs' are at Edge and OL. We are trying to upgrade from mediocre everywhere else. But, at the end of the day, every team and salary cap needs role players. So just add players who fit out system, locker room, and stay healthy.

This draft has its strengths, and one that really lines up is CB with depth at the top tier, so while it's not a major need .... every team needs more good CB's. WR's are also pretty decent depth-wise in this draft, so I suspect we'll pick one up. But there is no position aside from OL that screams need, and honestly, quality OL will be available in round 2, and there are often surprises as often at OL as other positions in the late rounds.

To be fair, many were rooting for it in tbe hopes that it could be traded for a haul of picks from the start. Actually making a pick @3 was secondary.

You may not agree, but its not as you are portraying it to be.
Don't understand the 2nd parts of your post. However, I was thinking people were rooting to trade a top #2 pick and rooting for a 3-5 overall pick to draft an elite player.

BYU played a crap schedule last year when Wilson put up those great stats. You could have put the majority of the college QB’s on BYU last year and they would have had similar stats to Wilson in the BYU offense against the lousy schedule they played. As far as Fields is concerned.Ohio State has produced exactly zero QB‘s who have come into the NFL and been any good.

I hope the Jets pick either Wilson or Fields because that will ensure they remain a non-factor in the AFC East for the foreseeable future. They would be better off taking a WR or Sewell and sticking with Darnold over taking either Wilson or Fields.

Agree. Byu's non pandemic schedule was loaded. Zach would not have put up the stats he did

ZW will be better than Jordan Love who had a great season as Sophomore (2018) then got over drafted. Other than Jim McMahon, Alex Smith, & S Young, QB's from Utah schools haven't exactly lit the world on fire

p.s the draft has 2 darn near absolutes.... 1) The jest will whiff bigly & 2) Iggles fans will be dooshy

Back
Top Bottom