How Disappointed Would You Be If... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Disappointed Would You Be If...

How Disappointed Are You

Votes: 9 15.3%

Votes: 4 6.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 7 11.9%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 3 5.1%

Votes: 24 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well let's just say the jury is still out on Ruggs. I like the kid, but he hasn't proven his worth just yet. Again, he's a small speed receiver, and on average those don't fare as well as bigger guys in the NFL.
Even Jeudy had 12 drops and a 44% catch rate with 853 yards and 3 TD's. However the big difference to me is a top 20 pick vs a top 3 pick.

Don't understand the 2nd parts of your post. However, I was thinking people were rooting to trade a top #2 pick and rooting for a 3-5 overall pick to draft an elite player.
Not sure I can reconcile the trade #2, but pick #3. That seems arbitrary at best, when taking into account the number of ppl with differing views.

Anyway, I'm not sure there is any sort of concensus. Things change as things happen.

If there was an elite pass rushing prospect, for example, you might see a different set of arguements, than with a tackle.

As it stands, I think the best thing is to trade down. Would you disagree?

The ultimate thing would be if the jests did something stupid, and "reached" for safety or something silly like that, leaving 2 top QB prospects on the board.

Don't understand the 2nd parts of your post. However, I was thinking people were rooting to trade a top #2 pick and rooting for a 3-5 overall pick to draft an elite player.
Maybe the Bengals trade up for Sewell. We'd still have a top 5 pick and TBH I'd explore trading it again.

Not sure I can reconcile the trade #2, but pick #3. That seems arbitrary at best, when taking into account the number of ppl with differing views.

Anyway, I'm not sure there is any sort of concensus. Things change as things happen.

If there was an elite pass rushing prospect, for example, you might see a different set of arguements, than with a tackle.

As it stands, I think the best thing is to trade down. Would you disagree?

The ultimate thing would be if the jests did something stupid, and "reached" for safety or something silly like that, leaving 2 top QB prospects on the board.
A trade down would be best but they need to be prepared if they can’t find a partner. Also now that we’re on the topic I remember most was rooting for a top 5 pick to draft Tua’s replacement lol

Last edited:
A trade down would be best but they need to be prepared if they can’t find a partner. Also not that we’re on the topic I remember most was rooting for a top 5 pick to draft Tua’s replacement lol
Some were rooting for that. I don't put much value into those type posts (or posters).

If we walk away with Parsons and Rousseau, extra 2nd round pick and a 1st rounder next year.....hard for me to complain. I want us to improve the team and there are plenty of routes to accomplish it.
If that were the case, I'd have to think Miami signed one of the top free agent wide receivers.

Even Jeudy had 12 drops and a 44% catch rate with 853 yards and 3 TD's. However the big difference to me is a top 20 pick vs a top 3 pick.
IMO that's the difference between scouting by the stat sheet vs. the film. Jeudy looked much more comfortable by the end of the season. I'd be very excited if he were on the Dolphins.

BTW Jerry Rice had double digit drops and 3 Tds that first season too, but I think he turned out okay. As a rookie Rice was actually booed by the fans and considered a bust. There were theories upon theories as to why he had so many drops. Walsh had used something like 3 picks to trade up for a WR so draft graders hated the pick. I recall seeing a D+ grade on it. I can't imagine how much hate that pick would get nowadays in the world of message boards.

I don't watch college football, so I don't have an opinion on who they pick. That said, I can hope that they select certain positions that need major upgrading. But when it comes to choosing one WR over another , it's all the same to me!

Actually, I'm amazed at how BIG this Draft-Mania is. From amateurs to so-called "experts", everyone and their mother has their own idea as to how college players should be ranked in the draft, and then that leads to mock drafts. It seems to me that a lot of time and effort is put into mock drafts and ranking players. I also see many opinions on draft "value", and how Player X is not a good value at a certain pick. As an "outsider" I find this amusing; I compare it to a game, or even gambling. Everyone is trying to predict who their team will pick, and how the draft will fall. As someone with no stake in this "game", I can see that it's all subjective anyway! There's no consensus on which WR (for example) is ranked #1; everyone has an opinion. IMO, ranking players is just guesswork, since not every player at a certain position is playing against the exact same opponents as every other player at that position. And, no college player is guaranteed to be a success in the NFL. Many 1st round picks turn out to be busts or JAGs, and many mid to late round picks turn out to be elite (or at least above-average). It's all a crapshoot and you never know how the dice will fall, but I guess that's part of the attraction! Also, I assume that it's something to keep one occupied during the off-season.
Your right that it's not an exact science.

So much goes into evaluating a prospect, including talent, work ethic, injury history, character etc.

We all have our favorite players, though. As well as those we think are best fits for Miami's system.

IMO that's the difference between scouting by the stat sheet vs. the film. Jeudy looked much more comfortable by the end of the season. I'd be very excited if he were on the Dolphins.

BTW Jerry Rice had double digit drops and 3 Tds that first season too, but I think he turned out okay. As a rookie Rice was actually booed by the fans and considered a bust. There were theories upon theories as to why he had so many drops. Walsh had used something like 3 picks to trade up for a WR so draft graders hated the pick. I recall seeing a D+ grade on it. I can't imagine how much hate that pick would get nowadays in the world of message boards.

I watched Jeudy all season.

I thought Lamb and Jefferson looked better.

Yup that 46% drop rate is put in perspective when you take into account Jeudy was top 10 in the league in average target distance and 16.5 yards per reception.

Well let's just say the jury is still out on Ruggs. I like the kid, but he hasn't proven his worth just yet. Again, he's a small speed receiver, and on average those don't fare as well as bigger guys in the NFL.

Yeah, I had Ruggs as my last guy in the Top 40 last year WR8 or WR9, I think. But, I think he's been and will be what he was at Alabama - a super-fast, low-volume WR, and, to me, that's the point. You pretty well know what you're getting with SEC WR's.

There are 4 premium offensive skill players in this draft. Smith/Chase/Waddle/Pitts.

I would be upset if we did not take one of those 4 guys. Hell take 2 of them if you can. Enough is enough. Add talent around the QB and the young OL you have been harvesting for 2 years. You wanna make the OL better, get players that can make everything quicker on offense.

Najee on day 1 I don't have much interest in.
I have us taking Chase and Waddle. RB in second

Back
Top Bottom