How Do The Saints Explain This... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Do The Saints Explain This...

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Maybe it's an article error but the $$$ they are talking about in this article that they payed for Spencer Folau is rediculous.

Monday was manic for Spencer Folau.

The veteran offensive tackle signed a two-year, $3.25 million contract with the New Orleans Saints in the morning, worked out with his new team for the first time before noon, then was introduced to the media in the afternoon.

That's insane for a guy the phins had to severly limit their offensive schemes and give help to. I'm really beginning to think the Saints GM/Coach tandem was really a fluke when they rebuilt NO.

I guess they will probably pick up freakin Heath Irwin next.
Did anyone have him on their least fav. dolphin players list?
I don't recall seeing his name.

Originally posted by va dolfan
The Saints management really doesn't seem to be very bright, do they?

Well let's see. They give up one of the greatest College runners of all time, only to let an injury prone RB take over for him. I mean this is the guy who in college couldn't stay on the field for a whole season. Then they let several really good O lineman leave, and they signed our third string scrub LT to a 3.25 million dollar contract.

I think I am a Saints fan ....:D

Ricky hasn't missed that many games in his NFL career. Hey, remember Michael Jordan missed almost an entire season early in his career. Look how he turned out! LOL :evil:

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
hate to say it dolphan87, but RW hasnt exactly been a model of health...here's to hoping that changes

He only really had the one injury in his rookie year, but other than that he's stayed relatively healthy. Besides, he's not playing on turf for 3/4 of his games anymores so that should help out quite a bit with the injury problem.:p

A lot of rookies have injury problems. When they get into the conditioning aspect of the NFL, most of the time, they get stronger and stay healthier.

RW started all 16 games last year...and was pretty durable throughout college.

Let see...The Aints...hmmmm. Isn't this the franchise that has only won 1 playoff game in its existence??? And only been IN the playoffs 5 times!!! I was stationed in N.O. for 3 years and it was probably the best they ever had. Their entire gameplan was to run the ball to about the 30 yard line and let Morten Andersen kick FGs all day while the (Pretty good) D kept them in the game. And while they have improved recently(1st playoff win), I truly do think that whenever good players or coaches go there, they suddenly get stooopid. Oh well, it must be that famous curse.

he also missed 6 1/2 games in 2000 right after gaining his 1000th yard...but thats not important now. he used to play 10+ games on turf(home. st louis, atlanta). now he'll play 10+ on grass(home, jets, pats)

Maybe if they leave NO the curse would be lifted. Out of all the prospects they're the team I'm most hoping will make its way to L.A. Actually, that's not true, I'd love to see the Jilly-boys move out here, that way I'd get to see the 'Fins kick their butts every year in person. :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Maybe it's an article error but the $$$ they are talking about in this article that they payed for Spencer Folau is rediculous.

That's insane for a guy the phins had to severly limit their offensive schemes and give help to. I'm really beginning to think the Saints GM/Coach tandem was really a fluke when they rebuilt NO.

I don't know why they're paying him this much. Maybe Spencer Folau is related to Jim Haslett.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom