How do u guys feely about Vernand Mornecy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do u guys feely about Vernand Mornecy

Avalanche of Wins

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
If we can obtain a second round pick. i didnt see much of him at all being in rhode island. just a highlight here or there. Seems that everything i read about him says he has the skill yet to be a good fit in our new offense...also do u guys have any opinion on a possible trade with minny involving one of there backs, maybe a package of the potentially electric bennett, although oft injured, and a couple of there draft picks say number 7 in round one and maybe a 3rd or 4th, so they can draft williams at #2....this way well have a back whos familiar with our new offense, has play making ability and can adress another need, maybe barron at 7, albeit possibly a reach...

just wanted to reiterate i heard nothing of this, just wondering if anyone thinks its a possibility, throwing it out there for fun...thanks

Actually he is even expected to go higher than Barber III, 5th rounder???:shakeno:
Its expected to be a second rd pick and I dont like him at all 4.66 40 its to slow.

what about shelton from louisville, dunno how well he will fit our system, but hes a 255lb road grader who runs a 4.6...

i thought barber was a burner, then i saw him listed in the draft guides as a 4.5 or 6

Joey 22 said:
Actually he is even expected to go higher than Barber III, 5th rounder???:shakeno:
Its expected to be a second rd pick and I dont like him at all 4.66 40 its to slow.

Guess Emmitt and Rice would have been too slow for you. To be honest I know nothing of this guy , but if you are judging someone by thier 40 times in shorts only ( which from several of your posts it seems thats what you are doing) you need to grow up and understand there is more to a player then just a 40 time in shorts.

Vernand Morency has great work ethics and his style of runing is just like Thurman Thomas . yes his age may be a question but he will out play Cederic Benson any day of the week. if you dont belive me then ask Thurman Thomas or Barry Sanders. the only reason he may not have the numbers is his coach pulled him like a yo,yo and when you overuse the run well look at what happened to the phins last season. IF Denver fans love Tatum Bell then Morency deserves the same respect because he made big plays and would have ran for 2500 yrds easily if coach Miles hadn't jerked him around. Morency real clock time is a 4:45 but he can move the ball.

V-MO HAS MY COMPLETE CONFIDENCE AND I WILL PUT HIS CHARACTER ABOVE HALF THE BACKS IN THE DRAFT. Just for the record I will personaly
guarantee the MO WILL RUN FOR 2000 yds with saben at the helm.

no way in hell i will back off my statement and here is why . first when i belive in someone I stand firm on that player.
second, I love my dolphins if i didn't i wouldn't risk the upcoming ridicule that will be thrown back at me. Third , just because a player comes from smaller big 12 school doesn't mean he wouldn't be as a good of a back from a larger school.:judge:

it would be great if we could unload pat and get a second rounder, and trade down in the first. we have more than one need to adress. im not a pro scout, but filling 3 needs sounds better than taking a shot on one player. it seems JJ arrington has the tools to play in our offense also. i dont see benson fitting that mold, he is what he is a very productice ricky clone, i thought we were looking for a more well rounder and versatile back, but if we can adress our left tackle woes via trade down and pickup a back that has as much potential as caddy or brown im all for it...

we need a play maker, home run threat at running back. im not obsessed with forty times, but we gotta have a threat to score a guy with a SECOND GEAR, and the shake to make some plays happen on screens and draws. have we ever had a home run threat in our backfield...you may argue for ricky, and his first year with us he was evolving into one, but he regressed to 3.5ypc self his last season with us....

Back
Top Bottom