How do We fix that Chop Blocking Scheme??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do We fix that Chop Blocking Scheme???

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We all know the NFL has become more of a copycat league than ever before.. Whatever the Redskins did to stop or slow down one of the most talented D-lines in the league, every team will try to do the same. We already lost Vernon to this ridiculous Chop block scheme... How many more will be lost to injuries??? What can we do to prevent this legal strategy???

All the football gurus out there, your input will be read by the "not so good" coaching staff..

Last edited by a moderator:
The team will prepare for cut blocks and they'll be more aware heading into this game. The real issue is what to do about the leg whips that will inevitably happen...which are not legal and rarely get caught by the refs.

Knee the person doing it in the helmet a few times. That will stop them from doing it.

[video=youtube;xOvH-7lcjb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOvH-7lcjb0[/video]

Typically you push the lineman down who most likely is coming in off balance...

Just need to recognize it is coming...team will use it to slow a linemans penetration

It is a technique taught at most levels of football...

Surely teams did this to Suh last year, he should be used to it.

It's sad, It seem only fair to me that if a guys goes low and falls on his face. I should be able to step on any part of his body on the ground. His head, his back etc. He voluntarily put himself in that position and I'm suppose to not exploit it when he just tried to take out my knees?

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone notice the front 4 was playing a bit off the line in the 2nd half maybe even the end of the 2nd quarter... idk but it seemed to stop the cut blocking if i recall correctly i started drinking towards the end of the 2nd quarter ;)

I did notice in the 4th quarter there was a couple times Suh put his shoulder right into Scherff's chest and knocked him on his ass.

Yeah they did stop penetrating as fast in the 2nd half. Pretty sure I would use my 320lbs body, if I was Suh and drop it all intentionally on top of the lineman about 6 times in a row. I'm pretty sure he'd stop cutting him. Especially if you wait and drop on to the backs of his legs. That would literally be my plan. Watch as I hurt there knees.

We need to institute Roller Derby rules. Let's assign a Defensive enforcer who's on the bottom end of the 53. Everytime we get "accidentally" leg whipped, he could "accidentally" cut block the opposing QB.

We could also trade for PacMan. He could also "accidentally" pull off the WR1's helmet and help him try to put it back on.

When people skirt fairness in an attempt to injure your player, I have no problem with my player defending himself with a greater response. When these lineman who "accidentally" leg whip a player start getting injured, they will embrace the true meaning of "fair".

A stomp here and a stomp there... and everyone can get back to playing football. I have zero tolerance for targeting.

Knee the person doing it in the helmet a few times. That will stop them from doing it.

This, worked in HS Lol! There is always a way to make your opinion known :up:

We all know the NFL has become more of a copycat league than ever before.. Whatever the Redskins did to stop or slow down one of the most talented D-lines in the league, every team will try to do the same. We already lost Vernon to this ridiculous Chop block scheme... How many more will be lost to injuries??? What can we do to prevent this legal strategy???

All the football gurus out there, your input will be read by the "not so good" coaching staff..
[/COLOR]

chop blocks are legal... its awareness of them that is needed by the players. there are illegal ways to do them, if double teams and all, which you dont see much ever. Washington came in and played totally clean with them (besides that leg whip, in which i believe he did that because he was out of position and beaten... he did a last second thing).

After seeing the question we all thought about this right?

ndamukongsuh1-1.jpg

In all seriousness, the hothead side of Suh really worries me

Back
Top Bottom