How do we get 6 picks in 2nd and 3rd rd? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do we get 6 picks in 2nd and 3rd rd?

I think there's some good first round talent....starts to really tail off for me around the 2nd or 3rd round...I dunno, we'll see. Not like I've stacked a board yet.

I think there's some good first round talent....starts to really tail off for me around the 2nd or 3rd round...I dunno, we'll see. Not like I've stacked a board yet.

wow i didnt think it was that bad............:oops:

I think there is possibilty of trading with texans or Benglas for their 1st and 2nd. I think the Texans would be after firstly CJ Spiller concerned that Seahawks will take him and secondlt putting Bryant opposite A. Johnson. Bengals would also be thinking same as they have never replaced Houchmandzxdhkhlw and need someone to line up opp Chad.

Then we could trade with Saints 1 n 2 as IMO they would be after Griffin or Graham

Basically I just don't like the choices on offense in this draft. I can always find players I like.

But, let's take the RB position. There's Spiller and Matthews. Dwyer too often plays like a *******, I wonder if he's got legit speed, played in a gimmicky offense so it's tough to translate a lot of those run reps of his to real NFL carries, just a lot of questions for me about him. I love Anthony Dixon and Toby Gerhart but, do they have speed? Better prospects than Jacob Hester from a while ago but I felt Hester was way overdrafted. Heck, Dixon was being played at fullback at the senior bowl, which is NOT a good sign. Not sure why personally, I think he's got enough speed and I like his lower body explosion, vertical, think he could test well in things like that at the Combine. Nonetheless, serious questions abound. Jahvid Best is fast but how fast? He has a wicked tendency to get murdered because of that long skinny frame and upright running style. Not a good sign. Does Monterio Hardesty have the gears to be an NFL runner? I'm not really sure he does. The only other runners that can even somewhat light my fire are LeGarrette Blount, who was suspended most of the year for punching out a guy on the football field after a game (RED FLAG! RED FLAG! RED FLAG!) and Ben Tate, who doesn't have NFL size or power.

The rest of these guys, I can barely find a spot for them on an NFL team. I'm not trying to say that I am definitely right about these guys, I'm just trying to say that after you get beyond Spiller and Matthews, you have guys with big question marks and NFL talent, and then once you get about seven or eight deep in that class I'm not even seeing NFL talent anymore. That could be I just don't have enough exposure to the right prospects but I do have a lot of exposure to a lot of prospects, so...

At Tight End I originally thought there'd be Jermaine Gresham and then a whole mess of nothing. I now reneg and say that Jermaine Gresham isn't the slam dunk I thought he was, but that there's another guy Rob Gronkowski who is highly intriguing, three more guys below them in Dennis Pitta, Jimmy Graham and Andrew Quarless that hold intrigue...and THEN a whole mess of nothing.

And QB...once upon a time Sam Bradford was Jesus in cleats to my eyes. Continued time in a gimmick offense, a bunch of injuries and questions about his love for football all hover around him, now...and this is the best QB in the draft! Nobody has yet to convince me why Jimmy Clausen is more than the next J.P. Losman. I liked Colt McCoy but I wonder if Mack Brown's offense hasn't ruined the guy. He's now wired a certain way because of all the time in that offense and that won't work except in a few NFL offenses...chief among them being the Broncos' offense under Josh McDaniel. Tim Tebow is a MESS. He's not a QB. Tony Pike makes a lot of bad decisions, reminds me of a talented league backup, like a Sage Rosenfels. Streaky. Mike Kafka, same thing. Levi Brown I could get with...but there's something discomforting about that low delivery. Not sold on Dan LeFevour yet. After them...who? Crompton? You're kidding me, right? Maaaaaybe Zac Robinson, though he could easily just be the next John Beck. I like Tyler Sheehan. Nobody else does.

At WR it truly is Dez Bryant and then everyone else. Huge questions about the remaining guys. Aside from Dez I think there's only two WRs that I actually have fun, a genuinely good time, watching on tape. Just Golden Tate and Demaryius Thomas, and each carries with him a HEFTY question mark. After that, what makes us so sure that Brandon LaFell is anything other than the next Derek Hagan? Why is Taylor Price not a poor man's Johnny Knox? What separates guys like Jeremy Williams, Blair White and Eric Decker...from Greg Camarillo? How is Mardy Gilyard going to make an impact in the league when he's rail thin, not at all physical in run blocking, shows hands issues, and makes up for it by not having better than 4.50 speed? Is Carlton Mitchell any better than Jonathan Orr? Can Arrelious Benn and Damian Williams separate from man coverage, or do they have to do everything after the catch? What will make Mike Williams' NFL experience so much different in college? Are NFL coaches particularly known for placating or coddling players, refraining from criticizing them in practice so as not to hurt their feelings, and relaxing team rules? Can Dezmon Briscoe outrun a linebacker? Is Jordan Shipley better than Brian Hartline? Do you really want a 5'8" and 165 lbs player roaming the middle of the field among kill shot artists at linebacker and safety, taking the kind of punishment that a guy like Wes Welker takes on the regular? Because that's what you have to want in order to take a Dexter McCluster. Sad state of affairs when some of my favorite WRs in the draft include a shrimp (Jacoby Ford), a nobody (Andre Roberts) and a slowpoke (Blair White).

Then on the OL...I've never been sold on Russell Okung being another in a long line of supreme LT prospects. I never really looked at him but I'm hearing about some issues with Trent Williams. I like Bryan Bulaga but have seen him beat. Anthony Davis is high first round material? Good coming out of high school but I've seen that dude have terrible games. Once you get beyond that first round area, after Charles Brown...only players I can get behind are Rodger Saffold and Kyle Callaway. I could maybe get behind Ciron Black if you moved him inside. I could get behind Vlad Ducasse if he moved inside. On the inside I could get behind Jon Asamoah and Mike Iupati, John Jerry and Thomas Austin. Maybe Marshall Newhouse. Maybe Brandon Carter. At Center definitely Markice Pouncey, but after that I only really like Jeff Byers and John Estes.

Just an unhappy draft experience for me on the offense. So little to get excited about. We'll see. Much time left.

Basically I just don't like the choices on offense in this draft. I can always find players I like.

But, let's take the RB position. There's Spiller and Matthews. Dwyer too often plays like a *******, I wonder if he's got legit speed, played in a gimmicky offense so it's tough to translate a lot of those run reps of his to real NFL carries, just a lot of questions for me about him. I love Anthony Dixon and Toby Gerhart but, do they have speed? Better prospects than Jacob Hester from a while ago but I felt Hester was way overdrafted. Heck, Dixon was being played at fullback at the senior bowl, which is NOT a good sign. Not sure why personally, I think he's got enough speed and I like his lower body explosion, vertical, think he could test well in things like that at the Combine. Nonetheless, serious questions abound. Jahvid Best is fast but how fast? He has a wicked tendency to get murdered because of that long skinny frame and upright running style. Not a good sign. Does Monterio Hardesty have the gears to be an NFL runner? I'm not really sure he does. The only other runners that can even somewhat light my fire are LeGarrette Blount, who was suspended most of the year for punching out a guy on the football field after a game (RED FLAG! RED FLAG! RED FLAG!) and Ben Tate, who doesn't have NFL size or power.

The rest of these guys, I can barely find a spot for them on an NFL team. I'm not trying to say that I am definitely right about these guys, I'm just trying to say that after you get beyond Spiller and Matthews, you have guys with big question marks and NFL talent, and then once you get about seven or eight deep in that class I'm not even seeing NFL talent anymore. That could be I just don't have enough exposure to the right prospects but I do have a lot of exposure to a lot of prospects, so...

At Tight End I originally thought there'd be Jermaine Gresham and then a whole mess of nothing. I now reneg and say that Jermaine Gresham isn't the slam dunk I thought he was, but that there's another guy Rob Gronkowski who is highly intriguing, three more guys below them in Dennis Pitta, Jimmy Graham and Andrew Quarless that hold intrigue...and THEN a whole mess of nothing.

And QB...once upon a time Sam Bradford was Jesus in cleats to my eyes. Continued time in a gimmick offense, a bunch of injuries and questions about his love for football all hover around him, now...and this is the best QB in the draft! Nobody has yet to convince me why Jimmy Clausen is more than the next J.P. Losman. I liked Colt McCoy but I wonder if Mack Brown's offense hasn't ruined the guy. He's now wired a certain way because of all the time in that offense and that won't work except in a few NFL offenses...chief among them being the Broncos' offense under Josh McDaniel. Tim Tebow is a MESS. He's not a QB. Tony Pike makes a lot of bad decisions, reminds me of a talented league backup, like a Sage Rosenfels. Streaky. Mike Kafka, same thing. Levi Brown I could get with...but there's something discomforting about that low delivery. Not sold on Dan LeFevour yet. After them...who? Crompton? You're kidding me, right? Maaaaaybe Zac Robinson, though he could easily just be the next John Beck. I like Tyler Sheehan. Nobody else does.

At WR it truly is Dez Bryant and then everyone else. Huge questions about the remaining guys. Aside from Dez I think there's only two WRs that I actually have fun, a genuinely good time, watching on tape. Just Golden Tate and Demaryius Thomas, and each carries with him a HEFTY question mark. After that, what makes us so sure that Brandon LaFell is anything other than the next Derek Hagan? Why is Taylor Price not a poor man's Johnny Knox? What separates guys like Jeremy Williams, Blair White and Eric Decker...from Greg Camarillo? How is Mardy Gilyard going to make an impact in the league when he's rail thin, not at all physical in run blocking, shows hands issues, and makes up for it by not having better than 4.50 speed? Is Carlton Mitchell any better than Jonathan Orr? Can Arrelious Benn and Damian Williams separate from man coverage, or do they have to do everything after the catch? What will make Mike Williams' NFL experience so much different in college? Are NFL coaches particularly known for placating or coddling players, refraining from criticizing them in practice so as not to hurt their feelings, and relaxing team rules? Can Dezmon Briscoe outrun a linebacker? Is Jordan Shipley better than Brian Hartline? Do you really want a 5'8" and 165 lbs player roaming the middle of the field among kill shot artists at linebacker and safety, taking the kind of punishment that a guy like Wes Welker takes on the regular? Because that's what you have to want in order to take a Dexter McCluster. Sad state of affairs when some of my favorite WRs in the draft include a shrimp (Jacoby Ford), a nobody (Andre Roberts) and a slowpoke (Blair White).

Then on the OL...I've never been sold on Russell Okung being another in a long line of supreme LT prospects. I never really looked at him but I'm hearing about some issues with Trent Williams. I like Bryan Bulaga but have seen him beat. Anthony Davis is high first round material? Good coming out of high school but I've seen that dude have terrible games. Once you get beyond that first round area, after Charles Brown...only players I can get behind are Rodger Saffold and Kyle Callaway. I could maybe get behind Ciron Black if you moved him inside. I could get behind Vlad Ducasse if he moved inside. On the inside I could get behind Jon Asamoah and Mike Iupati, John Jerry and Thomas Austin. Maybe Marshall Newhouse. Maybe Brandon Carter. At Center definitely Markice Pouncey, but after that I only really like Jeff Byers and John Estes.

Just an unhappy draft experience for me on the offense. So little to get excited about. We'll see. Much time left.

This is why I have no problem spending our 1st and 3rd on Vincent Jackson.

Great post, but I would say that Blair White has separated himself from the guys you mentioned. I just have to respect a guy who carried 3.89 GPA in human biology while playing sports. I just don't see any weakness in Blair's game, especially if he runs in the 4.4's at the combine.

After that read...I'm ready to just overdose on painkillers and hope I come out of my coma in time to get ready for next years draft...

I see it pretty much the same way...except I think you can even cut all Spillers big plays in half the instant he's issued an NFL locker, and Ryan Mathews probably isn't even any faster than Ben Tate...only less powerful...

It's bad when the best two TE's in the draft never played a single down of football last year....and the guy that MIGHT be the best could have chronic back issues and have his career never even get off the ground before it starts...

Okung is the best of a VERY mediocre group of tackles IMO...and the ONLY one that I think is lock to play LT and play it well in the pro's.....other than Charles Brown...who's best fit is in a ZBS anyway....no top 5 pick tackles in this crop for me...

Wouldn't really surprise me if Benn turns out to be a better pro than Dez Bryant.....or if some big, slow, plodding WR from Southwest Ditchdigger St. ends up being the better than all of them....

The corner crop is intriguing to me.....so is the safety class....the best pass rushers in this draft are either too short, too tall, too heavy, too light, maxed out, or too raw......

It's basically Suh, Gerald McCoy, and Eric Berry for me as elite talents with more answers than questions surrounding them......and of course, we have no shot at any of them....

...and dont even get me started on the quarterbacks...

Can we just talk about the 2011 prospects for ****'s sake.....I'm about ready to pillage the medicine cabinet already....

Actually I recently heard that Ryan Matthews is running 4.3's in his practices for the Combine. And even aside from that I do like him. One of the few.

But yeah I see it the same way. The defense is better than the offense, but overall...tough draft to swallow in many ways.

*When the two best TEs in the draft didn't even play football in 2009, ouch.

*When the best OT in the draft and the guy that everyone are plugging in as a top 5 pick is a guy that is just sort of pretty good...ouch.

*When the best WR in the draft hardly played much football in 2009 due to suspension by the NCAA, and when the second best WR in the draft quit his football team before the year was done...ouch.

*When the best OG in the draft doesn't have a punch and could get called for holding on basically any given play, ouch.

*When the best RB in the draft doesn't even fit the NFL size or power prototype, ouch.

*When the best QB in the draft is a guy who didn't play much football in 2009, has a hurt shoulder that he's still rehabbing all through the Combine, and came from a spread system, ouch.

That's your 2010 offensive class, folks. Offensive indeed.

John Jerry and Mike Johnson hold a lot? :lol:

Oh..you must have meant Mike Iuholdi...

When the best college football player I've seen in 30 years has ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, NO SHOT WHATSOEVER to play the position in the NFL that he accumulated all of his accolades in the first place.....I know things have changed....

But, let's take the RB position. There's Spiller and Matthews. Dwyer too often plays like a *******, I wonder if he's got legit speed.

Don't leave out Dexter McCluster. I think he will be at least as good as Percy Harvin was for Minny last year. I know many people think he doesn't weigh enough but DeSean Jackson weighs the same and he gets it done every week. I see McCluster being used more as a hybrid RB/WR in the NFL. He carried it 34 times in the Cotton Bowl, and I think he can easily handle the rock 20 times in the pro's...I just wouldn't send him up the middle too often. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom