How do we get 6 picks in 2nd and 3rd rd? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do we get 6 picks in 2nd and 3rd rd?

ColonelJ

Active Roster
Reaction score
I was looking over the draftee rankings on cbs draft ( 50-100: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings?&start_row=51; and 100-150 http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings?&start_row=101)

You can find players like: Jerry Hughes, Daryl Washington, McCluster, Chad Jones, Nate Allen, Perrish Cox, Shipley, Cam Thomas, etc. Tons of excellent prospects in 2nd and 3rd rounds. Just take a moment to go through the names.

I would be all for getting out of the first and picking up a 2nd and a 3rd rd pick. And we need to trade whoever we can for a 3rd or a 2nd. Phins should really put some effort into getting more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Posted this wacky thought on another thread. I do think there is great value in trading down and picking up more picks

--------
Would it be a possibility they trade down, and out of the 1st all together. Seems like a stack of talent could be had in the 2nd & 3rd and considering the number of holes we have, it could make sense? Also considering the value aspect.

The possibility of going down from 12 to 20ish and possibly picking up an extra 2nd, and then going from that 20ish down into the 2nd and getting possibly an extra 3rd would leave us with 3x2nd's and 2x3rd's

We could do good damage with this. Plus throw in possible trade bait options with Crowder, Carey, Ginn, could drive more picks our way.

Oh, and id add Golden Tate to your list of players for these rounds. I see playmaker/leader all over this guy. The next Anquan Boldin in my opinion, or the next Hines Ward as others have mentioned.

Hopefully they can convert some of those later round picks into picks next year.....like they did last year...

I can't imagine how bad it would suck to be sitting there with a few late round picks and have to look at each other and say...."There's nobody left on our draft board".....:lol:

It's really not a very deep draft at all.

In fact, I dislike this draft a lot.

Actually this is considered a very deep draft due to all of the Juniors that declared cuz of the CBA issues. I've heard that this is actually one of the deepest drafts for DT especially BUT not deep for QBs and Interior Linemen (OC & OG).

Actually this is considered a very deep draft due to all of the Juniors that declared cuz of the CBA issues. I've heard that this is actually one of the deepest drafts for DT especially BUT not deep for QBs and Interior Linemen (OC & OG).

I've heard the same thing. Luckily, I don't particularly care what others say on the picture box because they like the sound of their voice, since I've spent an average of 30 hours a week since October scouring the prospects in this draft for Universal Draft, which has given me a pretty fair idea what this draft ACTUALLY contains.

All I know is I like a lot of players in the 50-150 range.

This draft is about 4 rounds deep in what I would consider legitimate NFL talent...mainly due to how deep the class is all across the board along the defensive line, safety, and running back....

The offensive line class this year is pretty bad IMO beyond about 10 players that I really like....

The WR class isn't that great....I'm always picky here...

I just think next years draft is going to be incredible....very balanced both offensively and defensively when you consider the underclassmen talent..

I'm not very happy with the draft period, but I think the offensive side of the ball has the worst talent.

I could actually jive with some of the players on the defensive side of the ball. I think CB, Safety, DE/OLB and DT are all pretty deep.

And yes, as I've been lamenting for ages, next year's draft will be one to hang your hat on especially if some of those juniors come out.

I could actually jive with some of the players on the defensive side of the ball. I think CB, Safety, DE/OLB and DT are all pretty deep.

Which is exactly what we need. And most of the good ones are in the top 4 rounds.
I'd love to take Nate Allen, Reshad Jones, Perrish Cox, Daryl Washington, Selvie, Carrington, Cam Thomas, Lang, Sheffield, just a sample, all of who will be there in the 50-150 range.

Back
Top Bottom