How do you build a team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you build a team?

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Reaction score
I say you start with the trenches. After you build the lines you must find a good QB. Next would be secondary and Receivers. Finally you get linebackers and running backs.

So looking at our team, we need to draft offensive linemen and defensive tackles. What good is it to draft skill players if you can't pass protect, open running lanes, or stop the run?

IMO, and this is going to sound overly obvious, but...you build it one player at a time with the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE concept always in mind!! I think if you try and concentrate with OFF first, or DEF first, or building up front on the D line or O line, whichever, only sets u up for failure. Thats my 2 cents anyways.

Parcells believed heavily in building with the big uglies as his way, it worked fine in NY, but not as much in NE, NYJETS or here for that matter. To me u need to be good at bringing in GOOD TALENT on a CONSISTANT basis. Your going to miss some, sure, but in the long run consistency will pay off. Also, I have always been a big fan and believer in aquiring extra picks via trading down. To me, it just increases your odds by adding more picks. But, maybe even more importantly, you can NOT MISS in FA.

You get a better GM! Hopefully Hickey proves to be just that. :thumbup:

Do just the opposite of what Miami did for the past ten years..

You'd better have a QB functioning at least at the average level, and if he's functioning only at the average level, you'd better have some serious talent elsewhere.

Parcells and Ireland wanted to build from the inside out and from the front first......that doesn't work anymore in the NFL.......You get as many playmakers as you can. You can win with an average line but you can't win without playmakers.

Ozzy rules!!

From the top down, you need an owner who is not afraid of spending money, then he must hire football people to create a strong front office (and get out of the way of his football people), then follow whatever blueprint the GM is comfortable with....to many different ways when it comes to players but it doesn't mean a thing if the front office (ownership) is a mess.....

Back
Top Bottom